J Edgar Hoover - Time Management Question (1 Viewer)

ZackXXT

HSC
I am able to allocated 55 Minutes to the JEH Section:

-USA 1919-1941: 50 Mins
-The Pacific: 50 Mins
-J.E. Hoover: 55 Mins
-World War 1: 25 Mins

However, I am struggling to find a way to answer both sections... even in that time...

How long does the Rise to Prominence have to be? My Rise to Prominence Prep-Response is... to long, c. 500 Words... Perhaps to content heavy, anyone qualified to check it out?

As, I wish to write c. 1150-1200 Words for J.E. Hoover Evaluation, which can be done in.... 45 mins.

Your assistance would be appreciated, studying 'Evaluation' Section now, holding of Rise to Prominence until I figure it out.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yes - the BOS does recommend 45 minutes for each section.

You are looking at writing an essay length response for a 15 mark question.

You are also not taking The Core seriously. The MC questions usually have a sting in there which requires careful thinking and the two longer responses - 8 and 10 marks also require thinking before writing.

If you look at the mark allocation why would you spend 45 minutes on a 15 mark question and then only spend 5 minutes longer on questions worth 25 marks?

ZackXXT

HSC
Yes - the BOS does recommend 45 minutes for each section.

You are looking at writing an essay length response for a 15 mark question.

You are also not taking The Core seriously. The MC questions usually have a sting in there which requires careful thinking and the two longer responses - 8 and 10 marks also require thinking before writing.

If you look at the mark allocation why would you spend 45 minutes on a 15 mark question and then only spend 5 minutes longer on questions worth 25 marks?
I wouldn't say it is a matter of 'neglect' but more-so how long it actually takes me to effectively answer the question... Those questions worth 25 marks, can be done effectively in 1300 Words c.10-11 HSC writing booklet pages (50 minutes for me). Hoover requires more time as the 10 Mark question can take 10-15 minutes on its own and I also have to do the 15 mark evaluation which takes a long time in itself to do effectively. The band 6 responses my teacher (who is a HSC Marker) has from the marking center for Hoover are all c. 1100 words.... My issue is having the time to write the rise to prominence section as well....

enoilgam

HSC
You are dedicating way too much time to section B of the personality section - as it is only worth 15 marks, HSC markers will expect you to write somewhere in the region of 600 - 750 words. It is a difficult section to write given the small word count and the complexity of the question, but with practice, you should be able to produce a concise response which addresses the question in enough detail.

Also, you need to dedicate more time to WW1, because the short answer and extended response take some time to complete properly. Dont make the mistake of over committing with the essays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)