J.K Rowling- Rags to Riches (1 Viewer)

michael1990

HSC
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
said:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Suddenly cast in the role as a single mother, Rowling returned to the UK and survived on welfare benefts as she struggled to raise infant daughter, Jessica, in a mice-infested flat in Edinburgh, Scotland.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
J.K Rowling said:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I could not afford the luxury of writer's block," the author later recalled, "so I kept writing."
[/FONT]

Quite a feel good story.

Did anyone watch the show on channel 7 today?

-Anfernee-

HSC
Rebekkie said:
yeah. didn't think much of it. nice story but really meh

bit of an assumption that you would watch it - with that avatar and all
lol

How many Harry Potter books are there going to be?

Bainesy

HSC
oh they probably exagerated that story so much. like, we can only take JK's word of what her living conditions were like, the baby that is 1 wk old wont remember anything. she couldve been living in garbage or wiping her but with gold, we wouldnt know.

and again she does something to get attetion, which is why i dont like, she's always doing something, still making the news after HP has ended

u-borat

Banned
HSC
oh yays, the world gets to suffer more mediocre literature.

michael1990

HSC
Bainesy said:
oh they probably exagerated that story so much. like, we can only take JK's word of what her living conditions were like, the baby that is 1 wk old wont remember anything. she couldve been living in garbage or wiping her but with gold, we wouldnt know.

and again she does something to get attetion, which is why i dont like, she's always doing something, still making the news after HP has ended
I don't think they exagerated the story that much that attention to it needs to be made, obviously they would of exagerated it a little bit.
It was the same with the Shappell thing. (Indonesia drug smuggler).

She wasn't doing it to get attention at all. The film crew had asked her if she would mind them taping her for a year.
And Harry Potter hasn't ended. They are still making movies in which she has a vital role.

michael1990

HSC
u-borat said:
oh yays, the world gets to suffer more mediocre literature.
For someone (J.K.Rowling) who writes mediocre literature has done better than you will ever do in life.
http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/07/23/business/potter.php

The schoolboy wizard's creator, J.K. Rowling, is likely to see her fortune swell further over the coming years. She is estimated to be worth £545 million, or $1.12 billion, already, making her the first dollar-billionaire author.
Yes, mediocre literature. ;)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
michael1990 said:
She wasn't doing it to get attention at all. The film crew had asked her if she would mind them taping her for a year.
And she said yes.

michael1990

HSC
em_516 said:
And she said yes.
Probably for the millions of fans that will be happy she said yes.

Not to mention, she does not need any more fame. She has it all, already.

So you're correct, she said yes.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
michael1990 said:

Quite a feel good story.

Did anyone watch the show on channel 7 today?
To get this post back on track... I watched parts of it. It was pretty interesting to learn about the face behind JK Rowling.

michael1990

HSC
agirlinatutu said:
To get this post back on track... I watched parts of it. It was pretty interesting to learn about the face behind JK Rowling.
When she cried, i was like oh thats so sweet.

I thought it was a feel good story.

Bainesy

HSC
her roles in the movies are quite limited. shes has written the books already, they could kill her and still makes the movies.

and i remember the first movie. they cut out so much that i stopped reading the series because rather than enjoy each film i would only be remembering things they have left out. seems as though her influence in the films is little

michael1990

HSC
JKhoury said:
I just want to know why 99% of rich people were once supposedly poor.
99%?

Love to see where that figure came from :)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
michael1990 said:
99%?

Love to see where that figure came from :)
Brilliantly devised plan. Make idiots think they have a chance at making it to riches in a Capitalist society. They call it the "top tier" for a reason, there's only enough room for x-amount of people.

poWerdrY

HSC
mortein2008 said:
+1

i wouldn't call Rowling's novels horrible, but definitely mediocre.
i completely agree. i find it so annoying when fanboys and girls are like "ohhh emm gee! Harry potter is like the best. Rowling is my god. nothing can compare to it. ohhh emm gee!" when the HP series are the only novels they have read

HSC
poWerdrY said:
i completely agree. i find it so annoying when fanboys and girls are like "ohhh emm gee! Harry potter is like the best. Rowling is my god. nothing can compare to it. ohhh emm gee!" when the HP series are the only novels they have read
I've also read books from the Aussie Bites range, and I still think JK Rowling is incredible!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)