Jacaranda hsc science PHYSICS 2 solutions (1 Viewer)

lum

HSC
hi, for those of us that use the Physics 2 Jacaranda text book, u'll know there are barely any answers for the chapter review quesions. i was wondering if anyone has compiled a set of solutions, or if they even exist at all. it's pretty stupid how they don' thave the solutions to a textbook that costs around 60 bucks...
right now i really need the solutions to motors and generators to see if i got them right or not. i got my half yearlies next week, and i'm dead...
need to study space, motors and generators and first 2 chapters of ideas to implementations :(

robredo

HSC
Yeah, it sucks, i use the Physics 2 Jacaranda text book and have found that there are only numerical answers to the questions...there aren't any worded answers.

JumboKHS

HSC
I had my physics half yearly on thursday and i did all the questions in the jacarda book for space and motors, if you have a question about a particular question feel free to pm me.

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
when you did those questions,

were they helpful to your half yearly questions?

Because I was only planning to do the Topic tests in Excel and Success One and ignore my textbook.

JumboKHS

HSC
Um not sure if it was those questions in partuclar, but for my half yearly what i did was this. I first made answers to the theory based dot points for the topics being tested. Then i summarised all the written information in the jacarda book on those topics. Then i did all of the questions from the jacarda book and questions from the last few hsc papers on those topics. As a result i found our test really easy and finished it with 40 minutes to go, spent that 40 minutes making diagrams for every single question and re-doinging the maths questions on the back of the test.

Making dot point summaries was good for questions which make you define certain principals and for the discussion questions as those type of questions are preaty much word for word what the dot point is.
Summarising what was in the text book helped alot for the multiple choice, because the multiple choice most of the time is about loose information you pick up in reading about the topic.
Doing the jacarda and previous hsc questions helped with the calculation based questions.

lum

HSC
gosh, thanks heaps for the solutions, wonders why jacaranda doesn't have them printed in the book..
well, those questions help your understanding on the concepts, sometimes you might think you know how to do something, but when you try doing it, it's much harder. also, i suggest to actually put the answers on paper, and checking them, since someitmes you may think you got the answer right, when you didn't.

generally i reckon they're good if you;'ve got time after summarising the syllabus, just to reinfore ur understanding =)

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
I do summarise the syllabus, like I did for SPACE except 1 term later, I kinda forget the concepts and I have to either try and memorise (you don't learn the concepts) or somehow in a week cram all the concepts into your head.

So, my strategy will be topic tests in Excel and Success One to practise for my half yearlies and maybe add to my syllabus summary.

Oh and one problem with the Jacaranda solutions is for most of SPACE they left out the englishish answers which i wanted.
I'm sure no one will have huge problems plugging numbers into formulas.

Will Hunting

HSC
Would you say the Success One texts are worth using? I'd think they'd only tend to shine right before the Trials and the HSC exams, after all course content has been covered, because don't they have practice papers that draw from all topics?

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Will Hunting said:
Would you say the Success One texts are worth using? I'd think they'd only tend to shine right before the Trials and the HSC exams, after all course content has been covered, because don't they have practice papers that draw from all topics?
Success also contains module examinations... well at least the physics and chem ones do... so for module 1,2 and 3 u could do seperate questions... but i don't think they have all the options... i think only 2 options are available... (not sure which ones)...or that may be excel... I'll get back to u unless someone beats me to it...

JumboKHS

HSC
success one has practice tests on all core topics and all option topics as well.

lilkatie

Oh the link for the answers is no longer valid, they have a new site
does anyone know the url for answers?
It was good while it lasted

lilkatie

As soon as you click on any of the solutions it dies =(
Oh I need the astro solns

simonj2

hero
HSC
it's a good book, a lot better now with those solutions, thanks a lot...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)