• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

jake 2.0 (2 Viewers)

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
what the hell is this?

lol.. does anyone watch this.. maybe explain the show.. i cant get into it and im a sucker for new tv shows that arent like.. normal...

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
During a shootout in a secret government lab, National Security Agency computer technician Jake Foley is caught in the crossfire and is accidentally injected with nanites, which give him superhuman powers. Jake becomes a field agent for the NSA doing missions and using his "powers".

Its not that good, but its better than any reality show.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
The show is ok.. good watch if theres nothing else on I guess- cept it wasn't on this week (i think) - coz some shit ass big brother thing was happening

astro

HSC
i think the guy who plays jake has been in either CSI or without a trace....

Fry

Originally posted by SpoRTsGaL
i reckon the show will last four weeks, five tops.... those shows never last.
what sci-fi shows?

sorry to break it to Mick_et but Jake 2.0 got axed last December in the US. im surprised 10 are even showing it. there seems to be a trend of axing good shows of late

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Originally posted by Fry
sorry to break it to Mick_et but Jake 2.0 got axed last December in the US. im surprised 10 are even showing it. there seems to be a trend of axing good shows of late
what?...then why the hell is ten showing it if they know full well that it won't last.. ridiculous

Fry

probly cos its a good show and they wanna show it people. better than having a crap reality show on.

im referring to elmo's post

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
..ok thats true ..i'd rather watch this than bb

and 7 days is an awesome show sportsgal :p

Fry

yeh... and shows with pathetic titles....
e.g. 7 days
e.g.2. Sliders------> i never saw the end of it...
e.g.3. Mysterious ways
etc.
drama/crime shows are more popular over sci-fi shows with the general population. that's why they get axed and the title has nothing to do with the quality of the show.

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
e.g. 7 days
e.g.3. Mysterious ways
etc.
i remember sliders lasted for ages, like 3 seasons before it got axed. i used to love that show so much when i was 10

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
ahah i watched Jake 2.0 last week cos i had nothing else to do and i was like omggggggggg i love nerds so much :p he's such a cutie that jake! and how he was like, trying to show the girl that he's more than just a techie or whatever. very cute.

i probably wouldn't watch it every week though, considering the timeslot.

KfWang

i was wondering, do you guys remember that show about this fat guy who was accidently pushed in front of a train? and then these guys saved his brain and put it in the body of this superfit thing (like a created body), and then the guy keeps tying to return to his wife and stuff?

the main character now acts on that shows that comes on after CSI Miama, about the people that go missing and how their department tris to find them or something...

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
^^ yes i remember that show don't know what its called .. well i saw a flash of it i think on foxtel a couple of weeks ago... don't like it- looks shit -

astro

HSC
e.g. 7 days
e.g.3. Mysterious ways
etc.

i remember sliders....i really liked watching that even though it was stupid at times.....

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
i liked sliders in teh beginning.. but tehn it was like on and not on...

buut yea.. i saw a bit of jake 2.0 at first and i didnt like it.. but ahh well.. its all bout tru calling on fridays now hehehe

MouNtY

Originally posted by KfWang
i was wondering, do you guys remember that show about this fat guy who was accidently pushed in front of a train? and then these guys saved his brain and put it in the body of this superfit thing (like a created body), and then the guy keeps tying to return to his wife and stuff?

the main character now acts on that shows that comes on after CSI Miama, about the people that go missing and how their department tris to find them or something...
The show you talkin' 'bout is...Now and Again...it still comes on Fox 8 in the afternoons i think....i love that show its real kool....the dude you talkin' bout is Eric Clarke and he comes on...Without a Trace...but i hate that show it sux i reckon....hope that answers your question.......

...i sound like a mad nerd......lol...

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by eLmo
what?...then why the hell is ten showing it if they know full well that it won't last.. ridiculous
Because TV Stations buy the rights to shows in Blocks, if a network wants to get a real popular show then they have to buy that block and then get 3 other shows with it. They dont just buy the rights to 1 show each seperately.

So it makes sense for TEN to air shows that are going to get axed, financially... i mean why have the rights to a show and then not air it?

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
be better if he became a field agent for the NRA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)