Jardi and Falling angels (1 Viewer)

unwantedchild

HSC
i am having trouble understanding the concept and intent of these dances. i have having the omst problems with Jari Tancat, asi have not one idea of wat its about.
and i have not got anyone to asked about it as i am he only one studying HSC at my school atm...

can anyhelp me please??

Andrea-7

HSC
hey
well i have just started studying falling angels & i find it hard too. i think the best thing to do is to use the hsconline website for dance, the tutorials can give you some info. Just look at figuring out one work at a time i reckon too, other wise its too much.

emma dilemma

HSC
Andrea-7 said:
hey
well i have just started studying falling angels & i find it hard too. i think the best thing to do is to use the hsconline website for dance, the tutorials can give you some info. Just look at figuring out one work at a time i reckon too, other wise its too much.
Hey im having trouble with jardi tancat to.... i mean i have an assessment with rediculous questions like what is nacho duato's influence on other choreocraphers, dancers, education and society and i have to include articles and supporting information please can anyone help me it's due tomorow plz help!!!!!

emma dilemma

HSC
unwantedchild said:
i am having trouble understanding the concept and intent of these dances. i have having the omst problems with Jari Tancat, asi have not one idea of wat its about.
and i have not got anyone to asked about it as i am he only one studying HSC at my school atm...

can anyhelp me please??
Hey i found a really good website that i think might help you.. go to

http://www.curriculumsupport.education.nsw.gov.au/secondary/creativearts/students/dance/index.htm

this is the actual page... if not jus click on what u need to go to... let me know if it helps...

gemini91

HSC
Jardi Tancat by Nacho Duato is a dance work communicating the struggles of peasant life...reflecting the catalan culture of spain. The dancer's are peasant farmers,tortured by drought. Motifs to express this include praying movements and ploughing movements. A translation of one of the songs also emphasises this as it talks about the land. The peasants all work together and suffer together, they are unable to leave their land.

This is a vert brief overview of the intent but i hope you gather some idea from it. as for fallen angels...our class hasn't covered that in detail and im going to be having extra dance classes during the holidays at school to help with this as we ran out of time.i know it has something to do with pregnancy by the way the dancers roll their leotards like a pertruding stomach.

maddie01

HSC
Falling angels has many options as long as you can back it up. For me it is the fall from prima ballerina into new forms of dance and the pressures (overweight-pulling leotards) there are ballroom dancing referenced, swan lake references references to doing barre work. Being trapped in the light and stepping out of it. etc.

ashhh-renee

HSC
yea the pulling of the leotard could also suggest pregnancy then wen they let go of it it could suggest abortion, who is the choreographer of fallen angels btw?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)