job suggestion - advice? (1 Viewer)

Sham

92NTY6
HSC
hey guys,

not as uncomplicated as the title seems..

im in a bit of an employment pickle that i figured might ask for some suggestions..

first off, im not a work-freshie - ive got three years exp. with newsagencies, worked over a year in maccas, have done warehouse work, stocktaking, admin at a level 2? and IT-help at a uni..

looooooooooong story short - case of last-in, first-gone ive just lost my job..
and just buying my ute, petrol being dodgy and just money in general.. im chucking the net out employment wise for pretty much anything... i kid you not, three years since working in maccas and i just went back for an interview *sigh.

catch is, ive got farm stuff lined up for mid dec then beginning til mid jan...

so are there any avenues i missed to apply for that;
* arent for xmas
* doesnt have a probational period - cos ill be gone before thats finished..
* isnt contract - cos id break that too..
* prettty darn flexible..

or am i just screwed and better pray maccas hires me? xD xD

CieL

HSC
Go work at cash in hand asian/wog restaurant or cafe.

I've applied for crappy hospitality jobs and they've always told me to start the next day. You might be getting like $10-12/hr but hey, you're going to leave in a couple of weeks so whatever..

Erm.. or you could do other more personal stuff [as in, not going thru a business to get paid] such as babysitting or tutoring if you're like really desperate.. I mean, it just sounds like you couldn't save a dime..

Sham

92NTY6
HSC
ah, cheers for that ciel..

actually, im not rockbottom just yet - ive still got enough in savings - just resent the idea of that number dwindling...

crappy hospo jobs sounds a go-er.. cept those asian/wog places are nearly always family run... my backgrounds chinese, but i dont speak the bloody language -- hence, rejection xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)