Journalism/Law at UTS (1 Viewer)

Glorious

HSC
Hey guys. I'm currently undertaking a Bachelor of criminology and criminal justice at UNSW, but from the very start i've been stuck between the choices of journalism or criminology. Now that I look at it, I think i may be more interested in journalism, and since i've always wanted to do law, i thought that would work well anyway. I was hoping to internally transfer to law at UNSW, but i don't think i'll make it. So do you guys think I should transfer next year to UTS? That'll mean this year would go to waste, and in total I would have gone to uni for 6 years. But then i thought about it, if i continued with crim, finished the degree, I would apply for Law postgrad, so thats 6 years in total as well... however, this is a risky thing. UTS is more convenient for me as well, and also heard the social life is great. I don't really feel connected at UNSW :/ oh and my ATAR last year was 92.45. But apparently UTS is pretty lenient, and MAY consider people under the cut-off. Any suggestions?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not sure about the atar required for Journalism, but I think they would consider ATAR & Some of your marks in first year.

See the thing is, if you're not completely interested in Criminology/Law, you probably wont stick to it as a career and will want to change later on (unless you develop an interest). If you're interested in Journalism, spending the extra year will be worth it for you and you'll be a lot more satisfied later on down the track.

In the end it's up to what you really want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)