Journey to dental school (ongoing) (1 Viewer)

user1006

HSC
probably for the double degree (BSc/DMD), there's very limited spots for it. I got accepted into a cohort of maybe 15 or 20, maybe theyve capped it even more since then
what course were you doing before in usyd and what are the marks you got during your first yr if u dont mind answering :) also did you sit gamsat what mark was needed? thanks so much

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
what course were you doing before in usyd and what are the marks you got during your first yr if u dont mind answering :) also did you sit gamsat what mark was needed? thanks so much
I did a bachelor of science
my marks were um atrocious for most of my undergrad, I was just hitting cutoffs required for my progression which is much lower than the marks postgrad applicants would need
I didn't sit the GAMSAT bcz I got accepted into DMD through the high school pathway (atar + interview only), so I'm really not sure what GAMSAT marks you'd need. I'd recommend checking out r/GAMSAT on reddit it's a really good page with up to date data from current and successful applicants

user1006

HSC
I did a bachelor of science
my marks were um atrocious for most of my undergrad, I was just hitting cutoffs required for my progression which is much lower than the marks postgrad applicants would need
I didn't sit the GAMSAT bcz I got accepted into DMD through the high school pathway (atar + interview only), so I'm really not sure what GAMSAT marks you'd need. I'd recommend checking out r/GAMSAT on reddit it's a really good page with up to date data from current and successful applicants
ohhh rightt i see, so you assessed you through you atar and interview. i have got an offer for bachelor of science in usyd but am wondering to go into their dental just wondering what are the pathways as i personally dont know anyone who have been through this pathways

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
ohhh rightt i see, so you assessed you through you atar and interview. i have got an offer for bachelor of science in usyd but am wondering to go into their dental just wondering what are the pathways as i personally dont know anyone who have been through this pathways
you'll have far more luck reaching out to people on r/GAMSAT, virtually everyone on there is in your boat or previously has been

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)