Just curious!! (1 Viewer)

Missngel

Hey can i ask you wat topics you study and how the hsc exam is set coz i dont do legal but i would of luved too!!!
Too bad:(

Christine

beige member
HSC
well everyone has to study
- law and society
- crime
and then there are a stack of options and you have to do two. mine are
- family
- consumers

its a good subject. we get multiple choice in the exam :) but there are essays too :( but it can be really annoying constantly having to evaluate how effective the law is etc etc.

Kristy

christine - i'm doing exactly the same electives as you! how are you finding consumers? i think it is just sooo boring, but my teacher gives really good notes so it's not too bad. maybe we could swap sometime if you like?

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
yeh im doin family and consumers as well! ...

Anyways i hate how the structure of the exam is multiple choice , short answers and three extended responses... i much prefer the business stds paper which is multiple choice, short anwers and two extended responses..

Matt

Hey Angelic_Angel88.

I'm finding workplace law quite easy but I think Family law is too complex. Anyway, Im sure I can crap on for a few pages in an exam on both. How r u finding them?

Christine

beige member
HSC
hey i'm all up for swapping but i already gave my notes to the pple who run this thing. theyre the REALLY detailed ones on crime.

i know nothing on consumers. we had to learn the topic on our own for an asses........ my teachers shit!!

Kristy

yeah, i read your notes - they were great! also very similar to my own....did you do them from the syllabus?

i sent my syllabus notes for consumers to fatmuscle, so if he posts them i guess you could have a look - don't you just hate teachers that do that? i think it is so slack, mine did it for an assessment last year, then spent 2 lessons yelling when most of us failed!

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
I'm finding 'Family' to be alright at the moment. Although, I'm finding 'Workplace' to be a bit complicated.

I had the problem of joining another class for 'Workplace'. The class was meant to improve my essay writing skills, but it didn't. The teacher was a bit weird, she would say "That's the magic word!" when we referred to the correct terms. LOL. And somehow, I got the impression that she thought we weren't smart enough because of the way she talked to us.

Anyway... I've learnt that I CAN write essays. Although I'm lazy and I shouldn't be. And I should also manage my time better.

Kristy

i know what you mean about the essays - i hate doing them, but i find that when i actually sit down and make myself write them i don't do too badly :)

my time management, however, is another story altogether!

Christine

beige member
HSC
essays? man i'm stuffed our teachers only given us like one this entire year and it wasn't even compulsory to do!!!!

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by Christine
essays? man i'm stuffed our teachers only given us like one this entire year and it wasn't even compulsory to do!!!!
Oh, that does not sound good. Try doing the past paper essays. They really help :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)