Just did the exam. What did YOU think? (1 Viewer)

instinct

Well what did you think of the exam? I was amazed at the dialogue question, it was so basic; something like "What have you leanred from studying dialogue?" I mean, you could bloody well have said anything, well almost.
Other sections I did were COnsumerism and also Witness, both were fairly alright.
I wrote something like 19 pages in total and I think this year's HSC for english ,both for paper 1 and this paper have been made soooooo much easier this year... but I dont know if this is good or bad for the average to good student? what do you think?
How do you rate the exam from difficulty.. 1 is eaisest and 10 is hardest.
hrmm i give it about 4.

It wasnt difficult but i think having such easy exams set is not good to distinguish betwene the average and the excellent studetn!!!
damn BOS!!

Pete

true

I didnt think it was that hard, in saying that also i dont think i did very well! bit average i think. oh well my fault for trying to study it all the night before.... stupid

Anyway i give it about 5

i wrote about 16 pages all up

Consumerism , the witness and dialgoue

GJ_JOE

blood brother
the navigating question was a bit silly...based only on 2 characters..

though telling stories and consumerism were alrite

kckeven

I thought that exam was pretty easy too. It was pretty much what I expected with no suprises. I give it about a 3 i reckon. I wrote 26 pages all up in it and I did image, Owem and Institution and personal experience.

Amy18

oh my god

oh my god oh my god i have never experienced a mind blank like this ever do u think i could remember 1 quote from macbeth no of course not after reading it twice in class and once recently and when i walked out they came to my head so i did a detailed thing about the destruction and failed shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyways business wil be harder i give it a 6
good luck all any help for legal will be appreciated lol i buy the best gifts ha ha
:confused:

Amy18

ahhhhhhhhhhhh

i could not think of a quote for macbeth after reading it 3 times and anaylising it inch by inch i went blank shit. oh well destruction is easy enough to prove in macbeth without quotes but i guess i lost at least 5 marks for no quotes
any one if u do legal and want to trade notes i will i am stressing
i think all phsycaitrists will do a killing after the hsc lol:confused:

Rogan

Fuk the exam only finished an hour ago

But hey i do telling stories (henry Lawson), Macbeth, and consumerism

Damn that was much easier then i thought it would be i mean the first exam asked what have you learnt anout telling stories i mean you cant get more stright forward then that i wrote 6 pages for it, 4 pages for macbeth, and 5 pages for consumerism :D

Duckman

well i got no idea how many pages i wrote seeing i got s.p's but it was 5 pages typed in size 10 so its bout 15 pages my freinds rekon

Christine

beige member
HSC
i wrote 20 pages so i'm quite happy

module 1 question was way too broad - but it was ok

module 2 - macbeth - pretty good - i was prepared

module 3 - I LOVED THIS QUESTION!!!

Cyberchick

The exam was pretty basic, especially the consumerism bit as it was more based on what we thought on the subject and what it meant to society, so the texts really had little or no relevance though it was initally very easy to relate it all together.

However, if anyone else done navigating they might have been a little surprised as i was as they asked the question on Dick and Pam Shaw who really weren't the main characters and in my mind didn't really play as much of a contribution to the drama as did the other key players, however i still believe i went well and only wish i studied the thoughts and actions of Pam and Dick Shaw a little more.

Section 1 i was pretty happy with. There was really no right or wrong answer. It was about what we learnt so i think it is fair to say that everyone would have had atleast a bit to write on their prescribed text.

Well i wish you all the best of luck and i hope that for all the other exams, when u walk into the room to do them, the questions read exactly what u want them to.

Best Wishes

ezza

I did Truman show (image)
Shoe-Horn Sonata (close study of text)
Bruce Dawe (consumerism)

and i gotta admit section I and III were the easiest exams questions of all the past exams questions ive ever seen

they were so broad you can write anything you damm well please and not be marked down because u got off the topic

I hated section II though. I went in prepared to write about the characters and their relationships etc but we got asked about how does the writer bring dramatic form to the play....

could only write 4 pages so i dunno how well i did

Missngel

i knew paper 2 was gonna be piss easy coz i thought they totally stuffed up paper 1!!! I thought it was slack that they gave us a feature article and how section 2 was related to section 1, plus i hated that cicada poem that was so dumb!!!
So ye i kinda thought they had to make up for it so im really happy with paper 2!!
I wrote like 17 pages all together hopefully the content was ok ;)

IceCow

Gooooooooooooood

Yeh baby that was good, laughed at Section I

Section II Film was kinda :chainsaw: ghey cuz only 2 characters

16 pages total not bad

n why its only hours after exam already so much ppl posted msgs ? nothign else to do ??

silent bob

Even though it was piss easy, i fucked up so hard. i can't believe it. the only thing i did moderately good at was the interview. it was too easy i mean, what have you learnt? what a gay ass question. spose its better that it be easy than hard

oh yeah, cicadas suck balls

i hope the physics exam is as easy as this english one....somehow i sincerely doubt it....:uhoh: :wave: :bomb:

tropical punch

Section 1 & 3 were easy, but section 2 was a bit iffy.

I did dialogue, the club
Closed text study, briar rose &
Consumerism, Bruce Dawe

I wrote a total of 24 pages for it
Filled a booklet for each of them

We were made to have at least 3 pieces of related material for The Club and Bruce Dawe so I had so much to talk about on those broad questions.

Although most of my related material was given to me, I did drama last year and I saw The Removalists and A conversation, both by Williamson, and they helped a lot. I also used the I Have A Dream Speech by Matin Luther King.

For consumerism I used these two documentaries we saw at school and fight club.

I hope all my other exams are easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)