Laptops? (1 Viewer)

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
My parents have just bought me a 14.1 inch HP laptop for uni (I'm doing commerce), thing is if i'm not going to take it to lectures then i'll want to upgrade to something like a 17-20 inch screen. Do most people take their laptops around with them/ to lectures to do work or do you mainly write notes and then transfer them later on, onto your computers? I know it seems like a stupid question, it's just in the u.k. diff uni's have diff. preferences, and i wouldn't want a small computer if it just stayed in my room all day lol.

Thanks

Pommy Babe :)

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
i take mine so i can do some work and use wireless internet at uni in my free time. I usually dont use my laptop in lectures. What do u mean by upgrading screen, cause u cant put a 17 inch screen on to a laptop which is 14.1 inch. U can buy a lcd and hook that up to the laptop seperately.

Trev

stix
HSC
Only geeky asian IT students take laptops and use them in class... please don't do it, it's terrible.
They don't even end up doing much work... they just sit there and play their nerd games or go on msn.
I want to kick them in their nerd genitals.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
really, at uow very little amount of asian use laptops, its mostly non-asian computer geeks who use them all the time in the lectures. They play crap games like Diablo 2 and they think they are super typers lol. Those geeks ruine the lecture atmosphere i wish i had more normal people in my classes.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Hakz said:
really, at uow very little amount of asian use laptops, its mostly non-asian computer geeks who use them all the time in the lectures. They play crap games like Diablo 2 and they think they are super typers lol. Those geeks ruine the lecture atmosphere i wish i had more normal people in my classes.
What lecture atmosphere? My lectures are all incredibly boring and if I didn't have my laptop so I could do other work I would fall asleep.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
well ye it is boring but i hate seeing those freaky people on there laptops, as i said i wish for normal people. I once decided to use my laptop in one class and for some reason i was called down to the front of the lecture by the lecturer and placed where there was no one but me and wasnt allowed to use my lappy.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Hakz said:
well ye it is boring but i hate seeing those freaky people on there laptops, as i said i wish for normal people. I once decided to use my laptop in one class and for some reason i was called down to the front of the lecture by the lecturer and placed where there was no one but me and wasnt allowed to use my lappy.
There are plenty of people who use laptops that are normal, but I know who you mean when you say 'freaky people'

I've never seen that happen before. What lecturer was it? You should of just used it anyway. They can't tell you what to do... as long as you aren't bothering anyone.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
It happened in ecte182, i had some old guy called Doulai. Well what happened was i sat at the top and was about to plug my charger in the wall, then he said to me and also my friend next to me in calm voice to come sit down here. Well i didnt listen and kept going with the charger and then he said it again and was staring at us so i was forced to go down, he embarrased me infront of the lecture, and i didnt do anything. It was weird.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Hakz said:
It happened in ecte182, i had some old guy called Doulai. Well what happened was i sat at the top and was about to plug my charger in the wall, then he said to me and also my friend next to me in calm voice to come sit down here. Well i didnt listen and kept going with the charger and then he said it again and was staring at us so i was forced to go down, he embarrased me infront of the lecture, and i didnt do anything. It was weird.
I did that subject but I don't remember the lecturer. If you and your friend were talking then fair enough. I'm sure you probably were. If you weren't then you should of asked him why and made him tell you before you moved.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Nah we werent talking, we just walked in before the lecture started and people were talking. Once he saw me with the laptop he got angry

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Hakz said:
Nah we werent talking, we just walked in before the lecture started and people were talking. Once he saw me with the laptop he got angry
Well he can't tell you not to use it if you aren't bothering anyone. You should question people when they try to boss you around next time.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Ye i told him i was going to just use the laptop, but no he wouldnt listen but kept saying sit here. I just didnt want to cause any trouble it was so i sat at the front.

Last edited:

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
Its true -- people who use laptops in lectures are incredibly annoying. If you're going to use one, definitely do not sit anywhere except the back. If there are people sitting behind someone with a laptop, they will be distracted by the glow of the screen, and they will read your emails if they are close enough. Sometimes these emails are interesting, but mostly they are not.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
only fags bring laptops to lectures.

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
Hakz said:
i take mine so i can do some work and use wireless internet at uni in my free time. I usually dont use my laptop in lectures. What do u mean by upgrading screen, cause u cant put a 17 inch screen on to a laptop which is 14.1 inch. U can buy a lcd and hook that up to the laptop seperately.
Um by upgrade i really meant i'll return the 14 inch and buy a bigger one lol, not an actual upgrade, sorry for the confusion.

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
Thanks for your replies. Seeing as the general consensus is to only really take it if i'm an asian/ non-asian, "super typing", diablo playing fag, I think I'll give that a miss and only use it on campus as opposed to lectures. :)

Cheers.
Pommy Babe

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Pommy babe said:
Thanks for your replies. Seeing as the general consensus is to only really take it if i'm an asian/ non-asian, "super typing", diablo playing fag, I think I'll give that a miss and only use it on campus as opposed to lectures. :)

Cheers.
Pommy Babe
Thats just what we think, girls can use the laptops its ok.

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
Hakz said:
Thats just what we think, girls can use the laptops its ok.
LOL. Thanks. Thing is would there be much point in taking it to lectures if i'm doing commerce? Are there certain subjects where a laptop would be handy/ not?

Pommy Babe.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Pommy babe said:
LOL. Thanks. Thing is would there be much point in taking it to lectures if i'm doing commerce? Are there certain subjects where a laptop would be handy/ not?

Pommy Babe.
well I know friends who do commerce and they have to do a computer subject were it involves using databases like excel. It might be handy for something like that, as you can work through it within the lecture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)