last samurai! seen it? (1 Viewer)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
HEy i dont know if there is a thread to this but yeh!~ i saw it yesterday and thought it was a good movie!
did anyone agree or disagree?:p

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
bloody commercials for the movie have been airing for MONTHS! they don't look all that great but everyone that've seen it have loved it, so i might see it today :) (i still have a grudge against tom cruise :p)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
lol about what? the divorce?
ahah yups watch it..
the lil kids are adorable!
whoops better not spoil it :p

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
lol yeah, i'm the typical biased aussie :D
aaaaaaarrrgh ok i'll watch it!

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
yay!! :D its like LOTR if you like then you'll like this
just dont expect too much at the beginning. i didnt expect it to be that good!! at least i didnt fall alseep in this as i kinda did in LOTR >.<

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i really, really thought i would hate it... but i actually really liked it, i thought it had some really interesting ideas about westernisation, etc
and i'm not a lotr chick at all

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
yeah i agree with glycerine, i didnt wanna see it, but i figured it would be better than stayin at home, and i was pleasantly suprised, it was heaps good!

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
I think it's cool how they ride the horses whilst shooting arrows.

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
ooooo i so wanna c it, except school's starting 2moro and i don't go to the cinema's during school time. o well, guess i'll be the first one to get the dvd when it comes out

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
was gonna watch it today with my ex.. but hey. i guess i pissed him off n he went home

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
i found it very hard to believe that a) tom cruise could be a samurai and b) that chick would let her in his pants after he killed her hubby*
cool fight scenes though

*i know you didnt see this, but it was implied at the end

Farnarcle

!!!SPOILERS!!!

Yes, Cruise waas very weird for the moive. Almost every shot he was in is him playing with the camera trying to look cool and contemplatative. He just doesn't fit if you really think about it.

However, he fits nicely into the plot if you don't consider his past movies and/or whatever you may think of him. A friend and I were trying to figure out who would have done better. We had real trouble. At the time I brought up the fact that comtemplatative roles are hard to fill. I mean, look at the Matrix. Reeves did a good job, but he still didn't fit that aspect of the role.

We still came to the conclusion that Chow Yung Fat did a great job. And Billy Connely's role was also quite good for a laugh. (He talks funny, hehe).

I didn't think I'd like it but it was one of the best movies I've seen all year. It speaks of the corruption of the Western civilisatin on such a balenced culture. It is an awful shame that it is now lost. That really hit the spot for me. Plus the parts about honour and death were also enlightening.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
*random outburst: omg! they're playing roger ramjet on abc right now!!!!*

back to... or on to my point:

there are some actors i can't stand at all. keanu reeves is a good example. i hate the matrix so fucking much. that doesn't mean i can't appreciate decent movies of his... like bill and ted's excellent adventure : )

when i was in byron i kept hearing some review of last samuari where he called it 'condescending to japanese culture' and i was like... wtf? *they* taught *him* stuff - not vice versa... except for baseball, i guess.

also he made the oh so funny pun of "in between, there has been magnolia and vanilla why - oops! i meant vanilla sky!" which pissed me off because just because he was too dumb to understand the movies (yet thinks jerry maguire is a work of art)... doesn't mean they sucked. magnolia was fucking fantastic.

i'm rambling. um. i'm not a huge tom cruise fan, but that doesn't mean i don't appreciate when he does a good movie... ie, the last samuari.

he does take himself too seriously though.

is a roflcopter
HSC
last samurai was good

he is a sexy cunt

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by piccaninny
i'm not sure if i want to watch movie with tom cruse, i hated film "vanila sky" and Cruse in it
well.. im not a cruise fan too, but honestly this was a great movie!!
the KIDS ARE SOO ADOARABLE esp. the lil one! making faces ahah that was a crack up *makes the piggy face*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)