LAT (1 Viewer)

hellohowslife

HSC
I am thinking about maybe studying law in uni, is it a good idea just to do the LAT in case? And how should I prepare for it? Thanks

Cherrybomb56

HSC
I think you should try out for the LAT exam, it's good because that exam plus your atar is used to differentiate between the many high-achieving applicants that are given entry to law. Try it out and see how it works, you might end up wanting to do it or maybe not at least you have a backup. Apparently I heard they will give you case studies and you will have to write long essays for that so maybe practise your writing skills but don't take my word for it. Also, the applications are open and you can do it both this year and next year. So give it a shot and try your best. Good luck :)

beetree1

HSC
I also did the LAT in year 11. You don't really have to study for it - it's an exam based on your logic and critical thinking.

It's made of 2 sections

1. Critical analysis of persuasiveness/ successfulness of a letter/article
2. Persuasive-like critical essay based on a topic they provide you with (arguing for/against an issue) - last year it was on surrogacy

2 essays in 2 hours, I didn't study for it (i had social the night before lol), and got a solid 84. I think it's pretty simple, you shouldn't stress about it.

I also think if you are interested in law, definitely do take it! Although it is like $200, I think if you do well in it in Y11 you'll be a lot more relaxed in Y12 because you can have it as a backup and not rely completely on your ATAR.

:)

Cherrybomb56

HSC
I also did the LAT in year 11. You don't really have to study for it - it's an exam based on your logic and critical thinking.

It's made of 2 sections

1. Critical analysis of persuasiveness/ successfulness of a letter/article
2. Persuasive-like critical essay based on a topic they provide you with (arguing for/against an issue) - last year it was on surrogacy

2 essays in 2 hours, I didn't study for it (i had social the night before lol), and got a solid 84. I think it's pretty simple, you shouldn't stress about it.

I also think if you are interested in law, definitely do take it! Although it is like $200, I think if you do well in it in Y11 you'll be a lot more relaxed in Y12 because you can have it as a backup and not rely completely on your ATAR.

:)
wow good job. Just wondering will you resit the exam this year and are you planning on studying law?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)