Latin Summer School (1 Viewer)

Porcia

HSC
yeah im going... thanks to a generous friend of mine - known as Aeneas on these boards

Last edited:

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
Haha.. So you were the stand in for Christian.

I know I'm a bit behind, I only just noticed this thread, but I went this year, and was in 3B. Lillian - I don't think I even saw you!

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
greeninsanity said:
Haha.. So you were the stand in for Christian.

I know I'm a bit behind, I only just noticed this thread, but I went this year, and was in 3B. Lillian - I don't think I even saw you!
Haha; there are SO many people they're probably going to need a new venue soon; we bludged the last session (y'know, presentation and whatnot) because we believed that our presence was going to cause workplace safety problems.

Jermir Caesar

HSC
N/A
Ahh futue me,

I've missed the last two years being overseas:mad1:
I shouldn't be ungrateful... but their timing is just... perfect :|

Who had Mr Salter? I think I've said this before somewhere, but he's the best teacher in the nation. More so than Madame Matters, might I add.

machiavel

HSC
I'm going - 3B/4A. I did 3A in 2004 and haven't really improved much since, but I think a few people from Sydney Uni Saturday latin will be doing it. Being the only Latin student in my class for 2 years running is really annying at events like this, b/c inevitably no-one whom I know goes. :( Anyone else doing 3B?

HSC
Yes I'm going! To 3A too and one of my other friends is going too!
I really need to get my confidence up and really learn how to conquer stupid unseens.

I'm going to the Classical Greek Summer School at Macquarie Uni the week before...I'm very much a classics geek! :wave:

nymphae

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, I'll admit it. I'm going and, like everyone else, I'm doing 3A (though my teacher told me to do 3B. I guess I'll see). I went last year, but ended up doing 2X. Why? Never let a friend talk you into going to something, then let her decide to back out last minute. Meanwhile, your younger friends who've been dragged in too won't let you move up to your level. So you're stuck.

... very stuck.

But I'm looking forward to getting the booklets this month. Did anyone buy stuff from the book stall last year?

machiavel

HSC
Any 4A people? Catullan wedding songs (that looks hard) and selections from Ovid? I'll be the (hopefully not dumb :p) blonde with glasses.

The bookstall always has excellent grammar books (a must for HSC & uni), but the more interesting history ones are always $70-150. Too expensive for me!

rachelm90

HSC
yeah, im going and doing 3A. Im the only one from my class (of 4 people) going. see you then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)