• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Law at uni? (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
me definatelty, i love legal, mock trial and really wld love to study law, however i dunno if i can get in man the UAI's r high...cant wait to study nxt yr's legal course its so cool crime and stuff!!!

patlaw

HSC
melsc ... i really wanna do combined law too

I'm in year 10 but im gettin pretty motivated to do it somewhere. I have like a list of where you can do law and combined law at all the NSW unis. plz give me ur email!

patlaw

HSC
im doing legal next year and i co-topped the year in commerce on the law section test. Im doing heaps of debating and public speaking and stuff. Its kinda the only way i wanna go. (i hope im not gonna get disappointed at the end 2006!)

santaslayer

HSC
Asquithian said:
mock trial and such are nice but not needed...legal studies is nice ...but it is also not needed...

i did legal...twas fun...i came first...lady dah...fun was had by all...the end
Asqy is on drugz....:p

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
after doing legal studies, i realise i do NOT want to do law hahahahha

= Jennifer =

HSC
i love law and i love the study of it i found it sooo interesting and i want to continue it in the future i know i want to do it and i dont care if it takes till i am 50 to study law at university i want to do it

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
after doing legal studies, i realise i do NOT want to do law hahahahha
Lol, that’s exactly right.
If I hear the word effectiveness again I'm going to crack. Legal studies is so damm repetitive. I would have dropped it ages ago, except I’m getting pretty good marks in it.

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
i know this has already been said, but seriously guys, law at uni is ABSOLUTELY AND COMPLETELY different to legal studies. i loved legal and it inspired me to do law, then i got here and im not sure that i want to be doing it anymore because it is totally not what i expected. In the majority of courses, you simply learn the substantive rules of law and you just have to sit there and read these ridicuously long judegements. In the courses where you "analyse the law" such as lawyers, justice and ethics you sit there thinking 'this is the biggest waste of time ever and why am i paying $700 for a course that doesnt teach me much at all?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
you liked legal studies???

wtf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)