Learning Verbs - tips and tricks (1 Viewer)

helenka

HSC
¡Hola! Me llamo Helen, y este año estoy estudiando español para el HSC.

They're always easy to memorise at first, but now that I'm in my second year of Spanish Beginners, all the different verbs and their conjugations are starting to build up and jumble together.

I've put the most common ones on posters on my walls and read through them each time I enter the room, but I'm looking for fresh ideas.

How do you learn verbs and patterns of conjugation?
How do you remember them all (and remember which is which) as you move on through the course?

agua.fuego

HSC
I'm having trouble with this as well - my main thing is to just repeatedly remember them. (Also, it helps that when I'm speaking it I've got way too much family leaping on me to correct me. I think it amuses them.) I've got the whole verb section that's in the back of my dictionary and then my teacher printed off a booklet for us all (huge though).
When I was doing French we did the incredibly embarrassing, but useful, song format. Googling ways to remember them will probably give heaps of answers.
It's just when irregularities pop up, that's the hard part. :mad1:

__moonriver

HSC
Buy a dictionary that has tables of the most common verb conjugations in the back.
(Seriously -- and you are allowed to bring it with you in the exam).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)