Left Handers (1 Viewer)

laurenxoxo

HSC
Just out of curiosity, are there any other left handed people out there who also fail to write the 10 pages everyone else seems to be writing? Maybe it's just my excuse but no matter how hard i try, I CANNOT write fast. For one my hand just does not want to cooperate and during the AOS exam i had writers cramp all the way up my arm. Even if i just sat down and wrote random crap, i wouldn't be able to get past 6 or so pages in those booklets. Anyone else have this problem or am i just deformed? lol.

amyg238

HSC
My friend Victoria is left handed and she rights way more than me in English. Like 3-4 pages more, and I write about 5-6.
Maybe she just knows her stuff better than me though.

Muso7

HSC
mm well i am left handed and wrote enough i think.. only problemo is.. i get all this ink on my hand and its soo annoying haha people think i'm all bruised? lol! ahhh dear :)

zvyx

HSC
Yeah I'm left-handed and I can't write fast (or legibly; I'm in soome trouble lol) but most of the time it's jus because I don't know what to write / didn't study much / don't organise thoughts during exams. as noir said, practice makes perfect ( or in this case, makes faster writers :p)

snowflakelatte

HSC
noir. said:
Um I don’t think it really matters what your dominant hand is. To write faster, you need to practice. Left handers are *supposedly* faster writers because of the way they write – upside down, page tilted to the side… etc.
i've heard that as well, that left handers are physically able to write faster.

fact: the more u practice writing (eg. don't type your essays), the faster you'll get.
/\
l
l
if i followed my own advice i'd totally win the hsc.

morganforrest

HSC
I'm left handed and don't really find I struggle more than anyone else to write fast. I tend to write slwer in HSC though as quality > quantity. Don't let my essays go over 1000 words usually. Still get band 6.

You don't HAVE to be able to write fast

...still got writers cramp though :burn:

historykidd

HSC
Yes i'm left-handed and I can usually write faster than most of my classmates. However, it isn't that fantastic as it always smudges with gel pens :/.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
i've never had any problems except for all of the ink smudging onto the side of my hand. i'm surprised i haven't suffered from ink poisoning.

laurenxoxo

HSC
Yeah believe me i've practiced and practiced to no prevail. i find that it's not the gathering of my thoughts as i can usually think way ahead of my poor little hand. It's more the actual writing part. I have the feeling i grip my pen too tightly too lol and can absolutely not find a pen that fits comfortably in my hand. i even tend to start adding random letters that don't belong in a word because my hand is like spasming. oh well my marks are good enough. quality betters quantity. I just wish i had more time to further enforce my thesis.

laurenxoxo

HSC
noir. said:
Um I don’t think it really matters what your dominant hand is. To write faster, you need to practice. Left handers are *supposedly* faster writers because of the way they write – upside down, page tilted to the side… etc.
Well i don't really write upside down, just straight over the top. Neither do i tilt my page really ??

shona1990

HSC
I'm right handed... tilt my paper pretty well completely sideways, and my hands are ALWAYS covered in ink whenever i've been writing heaps. I somehow manage to get ink everywhere else, as well. My chest, face, neck, arm, etc etc.
I tell people it's becuase I'm enthusiastic. :)

moco

HSC
I am left handed and find it hard to write sometimes. My paper is usually tilted 90 degrees and my arms fully bend. Plus ink also smudges everywhere!!!

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
im a leftie and i wrote 5 booklets :)

(didnt stop during exam) :)

P.S. OMGGGG my paper is tilted 90 degrees as well !!!!!! everyones like wtf?

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
shona1990 said:
I'm right handed... tilt my paper pretty well completely sideways, and my hands are ALWAYS covered in ink whenever i've been writing heaps. I somehow manage to get ink everywhere else, as well. My chest, face, neck, arm, etc etc.
I tell people it's becuase I'm enthusiastic. :)
Same. lolll

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
I'm a lefty too!
And my mate is a lefty... he wrote two booklets for each section in english paper 1 on friday and I wrote one booklet for each
So its definately up to that person and their capacity to write.
I just keep reminding myself 'its quality not quantity' so its all good :)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Although I'm '08, i'm a left hander - in 2 hours or so I can manage around 10-12 A4 pages.

somewhereelse

HSC
yeah im a lefty too and i blame my illegibility on it.. but i can write just as fast as everyone else! & i usually write sideways, im glad other people do too!

morganforrest

HSC
I wirte with the paper sideways, but i wouldn't say 90 degrees....i tried it then and i don't even know how thats possible :confused:

I probably tilt it about 45 degrees to the left and it gives my writing a very aesthetically pleasing slope. My hand has a really strange bend in it though...kinda wraps around the top of the paper. Works...but I think with all the writing i've been doing lately its giving me tennis elbow

Plan on suing board of studies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)