legal studies or chemistry? (1 Viewer)

vmiichelle

HSC
i was wondering whether to do chemistry or legal studies as they're on the same line. i'm highly interested in forensics, criminology and law at the same time but i'm not sure whether chemistry or legal studies is the right option for me. i've been told that you can do something in the law field without studying legal studies beforehand but it will give you an advantage and i just want confirmation on this because i'm not really too sure. i love the idea of solving crimes and law and i'd appreciate it if i get answers soon/asap as my subject selections are due soon <3
kind regards,, michelle

DanielTheMan

HSC
Legal Studies is not a prerequisite for law degrees in uni and most of the Legal studies syllabus is covered in the first few weeks of uni.

vmiichelle

HSC
Legal Studies is not a prerequisite for law degrees in uni and most of the Legal studies syllabus is covered in the first few weeks of uni.
thank you so much!!
also do you think physics would help somehow or should i stick to business studies?

DanielTheMan

HSC
Do physics if you want to pursue an engineering pathway, i reckon due to your interests, u should stick with business studies

idkkdi

HSC
Do physics if you want to pursue an engineering pathway, i reckon due to your interests, u should stick with business studies
disagree.

Chem+phys = bigger brain than doing legal studies and/or business studies.
Therefore, chem+ phys

beetree1

HSC
disagree.

Chem+phys = bigger brain than doing legal studies and/or business studies.
Therefore, chem+ phys
disagree.

doing legal and/or business develops your critical thinking and overall ability to converse with others in a more sophisticated way through writing essays, rather than having a "big brain" that can only solve equations

therefore, legal

idkkdi

HSC
disagree.

doing legal and/or business develops your critical thinking and overall ability to converse with others in a more sophisticated way through writing essays, rather than having a "big brain" that can only solve equations

therefore, legal
English does the bulk of the development of sophisticated essays already.
Physics and chem develops your ability to understand stuff that is actually slightly hard to understand :).

vmiichelle

HSC
Physics and chem develops your ability to understand stuff that is actually slightly hard to understand :).
i was thinking of doing chemistry instead of legal as legal is not required or a prerequisite for any career in the law field i don't think... but about physics or business studies i might stick with business because i feel like i'm incapable in physics and if i choose physics that means i'll have three sciences and the rest are just 😭
here's what i'm doing or thinking of doing as subjects for year 11
- advanced maths
- advanced english
- extension 1 maths
- chemistry
- business studies
- biology
- studies of religion 1u
^ religion compulsory 🙂

erucibon

HSC
N/A
i was thinking of doing chemistry instead of legal as legal is not required or a prerequisite for any career in the law field i don't think... but about physics or business studies i might stick with business because i feel like i'm incapable in physics and if i choose physics that means i'll have three sciences and the rest are just 😭
here's what i'm doing or thinking of doing as subjects for year 11
- advanced maths
- advanced english
- extension 1 maths
- chemistry
- business studies
- biology
- studies of religion 1u
^ religion compulsory 🙂
I wouldn't worry about it too much. As long as you do well in the subject you choose, you will have a shot at law/criminology/forensics as those typically do not have strict subject prerequisites. If you think you'd do better with chemistry then pick chem. Also, don't feel like you are incapable with physics as year 11 and 12 phys will be very different from your performance now. I did business and physics, and with physics i was around rank 130 in year 10, and then rank 5 in year 11 so there is practically no correlation to how you are doing now in my opinion.

kitty15003

HSC
i was wondering whether to do chemistry or legal studies as they're on the same line. i'm highly interested in forensics, criminology and law at the same time but i'm not sure whether chemistry or legal studies is the right option for me. i've been told that you can do something in the law field without studying legal studies beforehand but it will give you an advantage and i just want confirmation on this because i'm not really too sure. i love the idea of solving crimes and law and i'd appreciate it if i get answers soon/asap as my subject selections are due soon <3
kind regards,, michelle

I really enjoyed doing Legal studies! If you are passionate you should do Legal. Doing Chemistry is good because it scales better however if you don't enjoy it (less motivation) you may be scaled down. The decision is up to you but choose whatever you feel most comfortable/happy doing and choose a subject you know you will do well in. :)

ahri

HSC
Doing chemistry is necessary for most Science degrees in uni (aka forensics) but legal is not a prerequisite and won't really give you much of an edge in a law degree. I would say Chemistry because the knowledge you learn is very applicable to all disciplines of Science and you would have to do a bridging course or put in a lot more work to catch up if you did any uni chemistry courses than the advantage you would get by doing legal studies and then a law degree. But make sure you consider whichever one you are more interested in too!

beetree1

HSC
alright then lets see how u do in uni and the workplace

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)