Legal Studies: Wtf? (1 Viewer)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Wat the hell was with the legal test, they completley CHANGED Section 1 and what questions were asked. Section 2 used a NEWSPAPER article, which it has never done and had a TWELVE mark question.

did anybody else find this absolutley shocking?

ar5ena1

HSC
different yes, where is the l/s board is what i want to know.

mercury-chic

Change is good but in this case not so good. :confused: That 12 mark crime question screwed me up a bit. I left it to last and dribbled on about stuff most probably irrelevant to the question. Oh well. Section III was pretty good though.

vanbanned

Banned
HSC
N/A
No too hard. M/c was fucked as usual. Short answes I was expecting Human Rights but handled them well. I had prepared essay plans for both Family and Workplace - exactly the same quesions (conflict/cooperation). So not too bad, but I think heaps of people would have struggled but I'm expecting 90+.

ally86f

novice
HSC
multiple choice was a total bitch.
the section one thing was probably quite likely, theyd asked all the law in society multiple choice stuff and all the short answer human rights stuff so i guess it was time to swap it around.
lucky for nsg, the twelve mark crime question was in our trials.
and when are they going to stop asking effectiveness?!! i was so hoping for law reform.
plus i thought the newspaper format was fine.. different, but no problem.
but multiple choice took it up the ass.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
short answers and the last two of crime were a bit screwed but the essays were ones we had basically odne before

YAY ITS OVER
THANK YOU BOS MEMBERS FOR ALL YOUR HELP OVER THE LAST YEAR
WHAT A RELIEF

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
vanbanned said:
No too hard. M/c was fucked as usual. Short answes I was expecting Human Rights but handled them well. I had prepared essay plans for both Family and Workplace - exactly the same quesions (conflict/cooperation). So not too bad, but I think heaps of people would have struggled but I'm expecting 90+.

pre planned response will own you, read the markers reports from previous years.

pwned.

luke323

Short answer sucked and 12 marks for crime question was a bit over the top.... essays questions were to be expected and i fucked up with multiple choice.. all in all not expecting some of the shit they put in there!! oh well there goes my HSC!

ar5ena1

HSC
MC was hard my answers were:

1. C
2. C
3. A
4. A
5. B
6. D
7. A
8. A
9. A
10. D
11. B
12. B
13. B
14. C
15. B

Short answer was a bit bullshit especially the second one. Otherwise ok. Hopfully 90+ depending on how badly i got screwed in MC.

luke323

im aiming 80 +.... how many pages per essay did ppl write??? also how many pages for 12 mark crime question?????

ar5ena1

HSC
Crime: 15
Family: 12
Workplace: 11 (ran out of time!!! noooo)

vanbanned

Banned
HSC
N/A
....They werent pre planned essays, they were just plans and to the exact same questions. They won't own me......And how the fuck would they know. I didn't write "These are pre-planned essays. You own me."

Crime: 12
Family: 13
Workplace: 13

...10-11 words per line.

skittlebrau

I found the paper quite unexpected, but I'd been scared that they'd decide to change it all for us so not completely horrifying. I guess I braced myself for it. I hated the multiple choice though. Randomest questions ever!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
My teacher was not very happy. It was a strange examination but I don't think it was that bad.

The 2x5 mark questions was a good idea. Mostly because I knew the answers to those :p

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Don't judge potential marks by page number, I wrote bout 7-8 for each extended response last year and got high 90s

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i demand the SMH read this thread and print our complaints! does anybody know wat their teachers thought?

pHaTso

HSC
Ms 12 said:
Don't judge potential marks by page number, I wrote bout 7-8 for each extended response last year and got high 90s
exactly ^^

i believe quality over quantity. this boy in my class who is coming first had 6 booklets, so i can imagine how much he wrote...

i write enough as i need & i'm happy with how i approached the exam, considering i'm not a "studier".

GB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)