Level of Proficiency in German Continuers? (1 Viewer)

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Hey guys,

I dont know if any of you are doing German Continuers this year (if so, then inbox me! ich würde mit dir gerne chatten!:)), but I was wondering what the final level of proficiency of the language would be by the end of the course?
The Goethe Insitut has these levels like A1,A2,B1,B2,C2 where A1 is beginners, and C2 is full comprehension and fluency... I want to study in Germany after HSC, and that requires a level of C2, so i was wondering how probable it would be for me to achieve that by the end of year 12?
I'm very dedicated to German, so i might take extra lessons outside of school, but I was wondering what the level of proficiency is designed to be at the end of the course of german continuers.

sorry for all the repetition :/

und danke :D

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I know people who did Extension German and didn't reach anywhere close to C2....

So I think maybe B1/B2 but maybe close to C2 depending on the quality of your deutsch teacher

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
oh.. :( i guess ill do a year long exchange after yr 12 then :p my german teacher is good, but not amazing, and she says that we're behind anyway...
thanks for the info though! :)

leshasha

HSC
I currently do Continuers through OHS :)
I think in most Uni courses this an bring you to a 3rd or 2nd year level. Depends on uni/course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)