LIMEWIRE is dead.... welcome to frostwire!!! (1 Viewer)

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
Based on the fact that LimeWire is going to implant some type of DRM filtering in to it's client, making it useless for the people who want to breach copyright laws and following the destructive ways of RIAA's command, a group of developers has decided to work on a project called FrostWire.

The P2P world is changing so fast that it is hard to cope with all of the new P2P programs released and shut down. Just lately we have seen the shutdown of WinMX, Ares becoming open source and LimeWire deciding they will implant filtering in to their clients.

The FrostWire team hopes to build a program very similar to LimeWire and hopes to follow it's design philosophy (so far they are doing a very good job at it). They also promise us that they will not be making a PRO version and that the program will remain strictly non-profit and free of any bundled software, including any ads.

FrostWire is currently receiving such huge publicity that they are hardly managing the project right now. But, no doubt the team will manage it, and they are already working on the FrostWire's design and their website design (which currently appears on Wikipedia).

FrostWire:
http://www.downseek.com/download/34279.asp

santaslayer

HSC
Based on the fact that LimeWire is going to implant some type of DRM filtering in to it's client, making it useless for the people who want to breach copyright laws and following the destructive ways of RIAA's command, a group of developers has decided to work on a project called FrostWire.

so they're explicitly telling the world that their program is specifically targeted at people who intend to breeach copyright laws?

Adrian.

HSC
santaslayer said:
so they're explicitly telling the world that their program is specifically targeted at people who intend to breeach copyright laws?
No, they're telling the world that a very small minority of people used their program to breach copyright and that to avoid being sued they are implimenting this DRM filtering.

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
limewire is starting to die anyway...

- so many fake files..ie. 800kb movies

- so many corrupted files...ie...ones that dont work

-low no.s of sources

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
limewire still fine for me, downloaded cruel intentions last night. 11 sources, fine.
btw was a good movie :)

Luke_D

HSC
sXcGuRl69aU said:
no, actually buying the fuckin' music/movies is best =]
I'll agree to that....when I have the money :)

I started using Limewire about a year ago and it was pretty wicked back then but like everyone's been saying, too many corrupted/fake files nowadays.

Luke_D

HSC
Luke_D said:
I'll agree to that....when I have the money :)

I started using Limewire about a year ago and it was pretty wicked back then but like everyone's been saying, too many corrupted/fake files nowadays.
Thanks for the info bitchgirl :)

Edit: Woops, I thought I clicked 'edit' lol

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
damn im trying this program out. 56k'rs beware, ontop of a 3.6mb download there is a 15mb download.

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
yer great just runs over the top of limewire. so all the virus files are still there. appears to be the same

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
MuffinMan said:
stay with the older version of limewire?
currently im using 4.9 pro
im using the latest 4.9536036u03968340 or someshit.
i like watching my download speeds :)

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
bitchgirl said:

The P2P world is changing so fast that it is hard to cope with all of the new P2P programs released and shut down. Just lately we have seen the shutdown of WinMX, Ares becoming open source and LimeWire deciding they will implant filtering in to their clients.

The FrostWire team hopes to build a program very similar to LimeWire and hopes to follow it's design philosophy (so far they are doing a very good job at it). They also promise us that they will not be making a PRO version and that the program will remain strictly non-profit and free of any bundled software, including any ads.

FrostWire is currently receiving such huge publicity that they are hardly managing the project right now. But, no doubt the team will manage it, and they are already working on the FrostWire's design and their website design (which currently appears on Wikipedia).

FrostWire:
http://www.downseek.com/download/34279.asp
Can som1 plz explain wat is DRM filterin plz n its effect on my comp?? (ie: is it bad or good)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)