Linking (1 Viewer)

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
Hi, I need help! I've just completed all my research for my video but i've run into a slight problem.....I haven't been able to link it back to the English Advanced or English Extension course. There are many things i can link it back to, Journeys, King Lear, themes etc. but i'm not sure how to go about this. When i link it should i just link it because it relates to the scenario of the Major work, because it addresses one or two themes or what?! Can any of you tell me how to go about choosing what to link it back to?

veridis

droog
HSC
it doesnt have to link properly, just appear to link. drop in a couple of buzzwords in the reflection statement and it'll link very well to po-mo or RFTG. anything at all can relate to po-mo or RFTG.
remember it can link to any of the ee1 options cause the markers not going to know what topic you're doing in class. so even if you're stuck with genre that might be hard to link you can still pull some po-mo BS out

taxman

make poverty
HSC
You can link back to skils that you've learnt in advanced and extension 1 as well...not just necessarily themes and components of the journey. Video/Film/Multimedia is a bit harder to link back to as they aren't covered ridiculously well in the other english courses.

For video/film for example, you may wish to use skills you learnt in the study of a film...for example, shot types, colours, etc from studying Clueless/Blade Runner or whatever. Even EE1 skills such as narrative structure, characterisation, critical theories (such as freudian theory, jungian criticism, etc.)

As long as you can bullshit, you'll be fine. Work on your major work and worry about linking when it comes time for your reflection statement.

Good luck.

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
Thanks

Thanks for your help guys! I have my Extension 2 meeting with my teacher tomorrow, so i hope she'll approve of my links! Thanks Again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)