Listening Test for Advanced English? (1 Viewer)

jenslekman

HSC
Apparently we have some listening test where you listen and answer questions about belonging...

Any tips on preparing what to keep an ear out for while listening? or what to take note on while listening? or how to prepare for the test? or generally how to do well in this test?

D94

HSC
N/A
Apparently we have some listening test where you listen and answer questions about belonging...

Any tips on preparing what to keep an ear out for while listening? or what to take note on while listening? or how to prepare for the test? or generally how to do well in this test?
Listen for things related to belonging ;) You should be allowed to take notes. You can't really prepare for it, except knowing the techniques immediately when you hear quotes and make sure you answer the question.

findx

HSC
if you know what text you will be listening to, it'll be best if you remember the significant areas of the text. then you are able to connect what you are listening to, to which section of the text it came from.

also pay attention to techniques, and try to write down most of the things you listen to

HSC
Listening? I've never heard of it! There isn't one in the HSC...so why bother?

Aliyas

HSC
I've got that listening task too in a few weeks. We haven't been told what we'll be listening to/watching, for obvious reasons. Hopefully it'll be somewhat easy >.<

brachester

HSC
I'm curious how hard advanced english listening test can be, ESL's listening is easy though :D

yours

HSC
they're all texts (aren't they? They were for us...) and you know the question while you're listening to them. So get lots of quotes and start thinking of how to answer the question during 'note taking' time. You can also consider tone of voice e.g. intonantion, pace, volume as part of the delivery, which counts as a technique.

greenboxes

HSC
N/A
Lol, apparently kids who do a language have an advantage in this assessment because we're used to these kind of exams. Fingers crossed.

D94

HSC
N/A
Listening? I've never heard of it! There isn't one in the HSC...so why bother?
Because it contributes towards your final rank for the HSC. If you don't want to care about it and lose 5-10 marks, that could be worth 10-20 ranks.

becpenelope

HSC
N/A
what are some of the techniques though ??? is it like tone and timing and stuff or...

kewlsox999

HSC
yeah same i wanted to know what techniques to look out for specifically for listening tasks.

RishBonjour

HSC
I have a listening task on Mod B - Speeches in a week. My teacher thinks is "stupid" but we have to do it

I don't think its such as bad idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)