Literally so lost (1 Viewer)

Stressedassss

HSC
Realising that the bio and business HSC exams are so near, I just had a breakdown today knowing that I still have content to cover. I really don't know how I am going to cover it all and still make time for questions, especially essay and report questions for business. For bio I have been using the excel book and it's questions because it covers content as well and it's somewhat effective and for business we got sent document that divides past papers according to modules so it allows you to cover some content there as well, but not all of it. Even though these methods are somewhat working I am still so stressed, knowing that I still have content left to go over for both subjects, especially case studies for business. I still have to practice a report and essay q under time and make sure I practice linking to the stimulus and whatnot. Advice on what I can do?

theoneandonlyshrek

HSC
it's okay!!!!!
first of all remember to breathe, just calm down a bit. we have four days until bio, split the four days into four modules, covering a module a day. make sure to still go over concepts from other modules on these days. dont spend the whole entire day studying!!! this will stress you out more, instead have shorter study sessions where you have full concentration and focus on what you're doing. I don't do business, but I do know its the day after, that must be so stressful!!! but its also okay, maybe split your days into half? doing this will allow you to process each subject and keep up.
remember, ur not in this alone, its been a long and strenuous journey and you should be so proud of yourself for even showing up to exams and having the energy to sit them!!! it's also a good idea to recognise that you probably retained information from classes and lessons, so u probably already know things you didn't know you knew :D

keep going you can smash this out, it'll all end before you know it :)

Leadmen4y

HSC
for bio i'd recommend skimming the content and only doing the bare minimum and allocating most of ur time to application of it (hsc papers), don't worry if u can't cover a dotpoint extensively becoz chances r they're not gonna be asked or not in the detail you expect. however I don't know how behind u r so u have to judge urself how much time is needed to get a basic but holistic understanding of the bio syllabus

it can be really challenging to just sit down and do a 3 hr paper but try do at least 1-2 before the actual exam, having the skill of staying focused and doing everything u can in that 3 hrs matters arguably more than how much content you know. otherwise a good alternative (but still inferior imo) is to just look at the questions and ask urself 'can I do this?' to find gaps in your knowledge and obviously fill those gaps.

also familiarise urself with how to answer each question depending on the verb of the question, this sometimes can up ur answer a band. and worse case have an idea of how to bs, I doubt itd work in a science subject but bio is pretty wordy so who knows.

juliastiles

HSC
Realising that the bio and business HSC exams are so near, I just had a breakdown today knowing that I still have content to cover. I really don't know how I am going to cover it all and still make time for questions, especially essay and report questions for business. For bio I have been using the excel book and it's questions because it covers content as well and it's somewhat effective and for business we got sent document that divides past papers according to modules so it allows you to cover some content there as well, but not all of it. Even though these methods are somewhat working I am still so stressed, knowing that I still have content left to go over for both subjects, especially case studies for business. I still have to practice a report and essay q under time and make sure I practice linking to the stimulus and whatnot. Advice on what I can do?
for business make sure you study your ratios and try practice questions on them because they ALWAYS come up and for reports and essays don't stress they're easier than you think
essays are the same as any other subject you just need to extended the 'example' a bit and talk more about the case study and relate that back to the question
for reports make each dot point they give you a paragraph and the last dot point will be your biggest paragraph
also only focus on the content you don't know because a lot of it is straightforward so channel your time into things that are harder
and also if you don't want to do anything else just memorise the syllabus, my 60% of questions come from the syllabus so just sit down and write it out if you don't know want to do anything else

juliastiles

HSC
for business make sure you study your ratios and try practice questions on them because they ALWAYS come up and for reports and essays don't stress they're easier than you think
essays are the same as any other subject you just need to extended the 'example' a bit and talk more about the case study and relate that back to the question
for reports make each dot point they give you a paragraph and the last dot point will be your biggest paragraph
also only focus on the content you don't know because a lot of it is straightforward so channel your time into things that are harder
and also if you don't want to do anything else just memorise the syllabus, my 60% of questions come from the syllabus so just sit down and write it out if you don't know want to do anything else
also you don't have to know every single thing in the syllabus. for example, with rewards for HR, it may not be specified whether you have to talk about monetary, non-monetary, individual, group, performance pay, so as long as you know one or two you should be good for the report and some short answers. obviously there will be some that do specify really specific areas but if youre running out of time try to just know one or two things about each strategy so you can sufficiently answer every question

Stressedassss

HSC
also you don't have to know every single thing in the syllabus. for example, with rewards for HR, it may not be specified whether you have to talk about monetary, non-monetary, individual, group, performance pay, so as long as you know one or two you should be good for the report and some short answers. obviously there will be some that do specify really specific areas but if youre running out of time try to just know one or two things about each strategy so you can sufficiently answer every question
Wow omg thank you so much for breaking it down and making it easier to know what to do. Much appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)