• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Long Reef/Collaroy -Coastal Management Extended response (1 Viewer)

mtsmahia

HSC
I have a exam on this 2morrow and I have no idea what to write about---
can someone help me please!!!!!!

We have to write an essay that contains the following information---

- Identify the location of the Long Reef/Collaroy coastal environment and outline its main physical features and processes.

-Describe the changes which occur over time to this coastal zone

-Evaluate the management practices that have been undertaken to manage the coastal zone area.

Other than the location of the beach I dont know anything. I think its got something to do about Dunes and stuff....(I did go on the excursion but didnt learn much)

Help will be appreciated..

Thanks!!

Jusskah

HSC
Well, management practices include

Longreef: re-establishing the foredunes there- i.e. putting vegetation, putting in walkways, signs
Collaroy: they've bought land that was on the coastline, sand nourishment, signs

And to evaluate them, just say stuff like bla bla sand nourishment is costly but without it the sand would be lost due to longshore drift, bla bla bla

Can't remember exactly the changes, but I think Longreef's coastline has retreated? Or maybe the other way around >_> Collaroy... you can mention that sand is lost over time (due to longshore drift, storms). Oh, and Dee Why lagoon (next to Longreef) sometimes overflows and empties out into Longreef.

If you're lucky I might find my assignment and type up some better info. Seems like heaps of schools do this task.

Last edited:

mtsmahia

HSC
Jusskah said:
Well, management practices include

Longreef: re-establishing the foredunes there- i.e. putting vegetation, putting in walkways, signs
Collaroy: they've bought land that was on the coastline, sand nourishment, signs

And to evaluate them, just say stuff like bla bla sand nourishment is costly but without it the sand would be lost due to longshore drift, bla bla bla

Can't remember exactly the changes, but I think Longreef's coastline has retreated? Or maybe the other way around >_> Collaroy... you can mention that sand is lost over time (due to longshore drift, storms). Oh, and Dee Why lagoon (next to Longreef) sometimes overflows and empties out into Longreef.

If you're lucky I might find my assignment and type up some better info. Seems like heaps of schools do this task.
I will be grateful if you can do that mate....thanks

Jusskah

HSC
Foooound iiiit. Won't all necessarily be relevant, but the first half of it does talk about the physical features and various processes are mentioned. You can then use those processes to talk about the changes over time. And evalutating is easyyy ahah.

mtsmahia

HSC
Jusskah said:
Foooound iiiit. Won't all necessarily be relevant, but the first half of it does talk about the physical features and various processes are mentioned. You can then use those processes to talk about the changes over time. And evalutating is easyyy ahah.
thank you sooo much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)