looking for a printer (1 Viewer)

untouchablecuz

HSC
any printers that you guys suggest that dont run out of ink quickly and make decent prints?

im willing to spend up to 150-200 bucks

will be mainly used for black and white text documents, with little photo/colour printing

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
i'd say go with a brother mfc 5490 (i think) or epson tx110. canon, hp and lexmark (especially this one) ink cartridges could cost you a fortune on the long run. and what would save you money is using the generic cartridges as opposed to the original branded cartridge.

also, stay away from dell, as getting inks from the could be a nightmare.

untouchablecuz

HSC
i have an epson tx110 sitting right here :/

i WAS planning to return it, but i read somewhere that the cartridge runs out after 20 A4 pages :S any truth to this? anyone have a tx110?

any more suggestions?

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
i have an epson tx110 sitting right here :/

i WAS planning to return it, but i read somewhere that the cartridge runs out after 20 A4 pages :S any truth to this? anyone have a tx110?

any more suggestions?

where did you read that?
lol

well try the brother then. my shop sells it for about 129$ and a set of cartridges would cost you about $36.

untouchablecuz

HSC
where did you read that?
lol

well try the brother then. my shop sells it for about 129$ and a set of cartridges would cost you about $36.
some forum (cant find the link)

have you got one? reckon i should keep it? i got it for $89 with a few spare ink cartridges that were on special

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
some forum (cant find the link)

have you got one? reckon i should keep it? i got it for $89 with a few spare ink cartridges that were on special
i dont actually have one, but i sell them + others with ink cartridges. keep it if you're satisfied with it lol. inks are cheap for them, costing about $8 a cartridge.

untouchablecuz

HSC
i dont actually have one, but i sell them + others with ink cartridges. keep it if you're satisfied with it lol. inks are cheap for them, costing about $8 a cartridge.
tbh, i don't know if i should be satisified :/

what would you do seeing as you're selling them :p

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
DO NOT GET CANON. the re fill ink was a nightmare. they suck you in with the cheap printers then bam! all your money goes on ink.

so now i have an epson t40w, which is wireless so i can print from any computer in the house which is pretty good, and so far havent had to refill. all in all good. go epson.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Say what? $8 a cartridge?!?

Is there only 1 colour cartridge and 1 black cartridge or are there like 3/4 separate cartridges for the colour ones?

Thecorey0

HSC
I currently have a epson tx-110. It does seem pretty dodgy. It is quite slow, and not the best quality. It was only $35 though. Not sure about its ink usage.

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
if you can afford it, go heavy duty photocopier

i think the one my dad has spits out 15 000 pages per toner.
toner is about $100 or so too.

drum is a few hundred, but it goes for 150 000 pages apparently.

then get a cheaper inkjet for colour

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
I'd recommend a Brother HL-2140. It survived me printing out 100+ pages a day in the months and weeks leading up to the HSC. The only downside is that it doesn't print colour.

proringz

HSC
I'd recommend a Brother HL-2140. It survived me printing out 100+ pages a day in the months and weeks leading up to the HSC. The only downside is that it doesn't print colour.
yes, I have the same printer and printed about 40-80 pages every week for a semester and a half, still don't need to replace the toner. good quality printing for it's budget price too

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
Fuji Xerox Phaser 3124
Brother HL-2140
HP LaserJet P1006

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)