lots of paper (1 Viewer)

bron

Bron
HSC
N/A
I teach CAFS. For you guys who stressed at the amount of sheets you were given, consider this.
The course was introduced in 2000. Finally at the end of the second HSC exam you have an Excel publication. Possibly by the time your HSC is over, the Heinemann publication will be in your schools. Both you and your teachers have done it tough.
Good on you for choosing the course. My ex-students (who still talk to me !!!) say it has equipped them well for the real world.
Good luck with your results.
Bron

p.s. I had a fantastic group of 10 students for Class of 2002. I salute them.

Rosie

I agree with you. Having lots of notes is better than having none at all so i'm really thankful for that! I think CAFS is a good subject...personally i chose it because i hope to get a bachelor of early childhood teaching next year so my teacher advised me to do this course as there is no official child studies course that counts towards the UAI. I don't regret it one bit. :)

As a teacher, what was your opinion of the exam itself?

bron

Bron
HSC
N/A
Dear Rosie
As a teacher of CAFS, I thought the paper was not a s bad as 2001. I thought a few of the MCQ were too specific e.g. how many kids would have been told about Families First as a parenting support group. Some of the short answers were tricky.
Generally, I thought the essays were quite OK. I was very pleased with the Work option questions.
Good luck with your future in early childhood. Tou are embarking upon a very essentaial but underpaid career path. ( Unless you teach in schools as a K-2 teacher).
Next year, my school is offering the 1 unit Exploring early childhood course. as you are aware, it does not contribute to the UAI. However, we have a small group interested and I believe it will flourish over the next few years.
let me know how you go on decmber 19th.
Bron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)