mac (1 Viewer)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
hey, piss off with your macs suck bollocks.

any mac people here? the only other person who i know for sure is is lagana, and then mclake too i think, but not really. hmm.

Rahul

Dead Member
we have to use them at school.....by use i mean....typing and sending the work home...

my teacher is absolutely obsessed with the idea that macs are better than ibm.....mac users are mostly all the same :rolleyes:

Person

one of them
ah yes macs, my school uses them unfornately, for my IT class, arnt hard to use, but then again theres not much to say about them, they r not as flexible as windows IMO

the 1 button mouse pisses me off the most, man they tried to be unique in lot of areas but failed, but maybe i just got used to windows.

to b 1337 u gotta eat this!
http://www.boomspeed.com/nightelfx/l33t.jpg

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
haha the guy who edited it did a crummy job. you can still tell very easily it was just cut and pasted :D

Huy

HSC
N/A
i dont own a mac, but would like to own an imac or ibook in the near future (uni), i'm looking at the 15" ibook or 17" lcd (widescreen) imacs

-- but they are quite nice to use, when you get used to them.
being a windows user, you can't say that THIS is better than THAT, if you haven't experienced the best of both worlds.

macs are always getting bashed, but once you start using them, they're actually 'easier' to use (if you're a beginner and have no experience with computers).

that's all i can say in defence of the mac community,
but otherwise, i would use one probably one or twice a year, if at all, we've got them at school

-imac labs, fancy one buttoned mice, sleek keyboards and an overall nice design -hardware wise, but otherwise, we'll stick to the 90-95% windows-dominated world :)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
windows for me

grown up with it and will stick by it
i dont like change =(

fatmuscle

HSC
too bad if u don't like macs and going heavily into some comp graphics sectors.

Macs is all they use!!!

I went to my dad's office, where they print magazines for all the brochures, magz, and other sutff for Sydney, and all they have are MACS!!!

T

tactic

Once you do a CPu arcitecture subject at uni you will see how badly motorolla CPUs (mac) shit all over intel and amd....

but then you have sun and their SPRAC processors which shit all over everything else

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
sif use windows media :p

anyone know anything about unix? i wanna learn to use terminal (os x has a unix core)

T

tactic

if you are going to learn unix get to know this term very well because chances are when you ask for help this is all you will get RTFM

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
jeez.

go all hostile IT student on me why don't you

lucky i didn't do IT
i might've turned into a hostile IT student

T

tactic

hahah not hostile..
its just that usually when ever i asked for help when i was learning *nix thats what everyone said to me :)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by saladsurgery
hey, piss off with your macs suck bollocks.

any mac people here? the only other person who i know for sure is is lagana, and then mclake too i think, but not really. hmm.
Yes, I use Mac. I have a new 17" iMac.

Originally posted by saladsurgery
sif use windows media :p

anyone know anything about unix? i wanna learn to use terminal (os x has a unix core)
I know a bit (since we use Linux at Uni). Here are some basci commands, ask me for others:

ls - lists the contents of your current directory
cd <directory name> - same as what it does in DOS
cd ../ - back a directory
top - system stats

hazza

Get a mac and then run windows on it :p

Nah macs aere good for smoe things.. hell when i did work experience at ibm the guy was using a mac for photoshop work.

We got an "Emac" which we are using for our year 12 video. Its pretty slick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)