Maccas! (1 Viewer)

tbohlsennswssrg

Greenver_420
HSC
Last edited:

peeetah

HSC
maccas was fun while it lasted. is anyone able to help me with this. what does ytd gross mean? and taxable gross? i only worked at maccas for 2 weeks, manager wasnt flexible with shifts and was pretty crazy, fired other assistant managers and broke the speakers. so i just never came back. I've given them my TFN 3 times and not once have the put it down. so i was wondering what those words meant. and what could happen if i dont provide TFN?

tbohlsennswssrg

Greenver_420
HSC
I've given them my TFN 3 times and not once have the put it down. so i was wondering what those words meant. and what could happen if i dont provide TFN?
Here is your answer:

Mcdonalds Employee Handbook (Old [October 2005] Version) said:
All new employees must complete an Employment Declaration Form, which should be attached to the Application Form.

• All employees who do not have a Tax File Number or cannot find their Tax File Number should complete a "Tax File Number Application/Inquiry Form". Once you have obtained your tax file number, you must then inform the Restaurant Manager who will forward your Tax File Number to the Payroll Officer for your restaurant. Unless the Payroll Officer receives an employee's Tax File Number within 28 days from the employee's start date, then tax at 48.25% will be deducted. Employees who have completed the Tax File Number Application/Enquiry should indicate this on the Employment Declaration Form (Point No. 8).

• Employees who have not provided their Tax File Number and have not completed a Tax File Number Application/Enquiry Form will be taxed at 48.25% immediately (incl. medicare levy).

peeetah

HSC
all employees must declare an employment declaration form? i never did that, i dont think i ever signed anything lol is there any way i can know if they have put down my TFN but just havent put it on the payslip? i ended on bad terms with the manager so i dont really want to call back. thanks for all your help! :D

~Fire Jade~

HSC
Damn it, I've given my TFN already and they 'lost' it. So in my next payslip, they wrote that it was 'not recieved'....what a load of crap! So now I have to send in another one...>< Repeat this scenario several more times and there it is...still no TFN yet. When are they going to update my details?!

akrinis

HSC
BLoody ridiculous! I'm only getting ONE shift next week! Is that fucked up or what? When I came back to school, I expected to get 4 shifts, instead I had 2, and now it's down to a measly one shift a week. How the hell do I live off that? I'm saving for a holiday.

tbohlsennswssrg

Greenver_420
HSC
Because there is a clause in the employee handbook stating:

"It is recommended (compulsory for McOpCo restaurants)
that during school terms, young fulltime
students will usually work no more than two
shifts per week and crew who are 17 years old or
younger, should not work beyond 11:00pm any
day of the week.
"

Source: Employee Handbook - July 2008 Version (Page 21, Under "Responsible Student Policy")

glo-stick91

HSC
Starting to work at Maccas....
Hey, are females always at the front...and males at the back?
When a new person is training, are they always stuck at the back and for how long?
Is it hard to use a cashier?
Just questions...
:burn: Maccas is making me burn up...it can be so confusing sometimes....

At the maccas i work at- thats what happens. The only girls out the back are the managers. Some guys come out the front, and anyone can be on drive-through. Mind you-only girls are in cafe so i guess it evens up? lol.

akrinis

HSC
Because there is a clause in the employee handbook stating:

"It is recommended (compulsory for McOpCo restaurants)
that during school terms, young fulltime
students will usually work no more than two
shifts per week and crew who are 17 years old or
younger, should not work beyond 11:00pm any
day of the week.
"

Source: Employee Handbook - July 2008 Version (Page 21, Under "Responsible Student Policy")
Oh PLEASE! I know friends of mine that work at least THREE shifts a week, so really, everything in the handbook is rather redundant, especially since half of the things in there are for FRONT-COUNTER workers.

Just to let you know, My Restaurant doesn't follow the Award Summary either, otherwise I wouldn't have got my FLAT RATE on AUSTRALIA DAY.

glo-stick91 said:
At the maccas i work at- thats what happens. The only girls out the back are the managers. Some guys come out the front, and anyone can be on drive-through. Mind you-only girls are in cafe so i guess it evens up? lol.
Maccas is so sexist! Guys never get to work at the front. It's so ridiculous, how am going to cite 'communication skills' with customers on my resume when leave the job?

Oh, and a question for anyone that works at Maccas, has anyone ever had a TRANSFER to another store? I'd love to get out of mine quick so I can finally get more shifts at one that at least doesn't have a corrupt, stingy, manager like mine. STILL po'd about no double pay on public holidays.

Last edited:

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
ive only been getting a crappy 8.5hours a week since I started back at school. Its sucks but my rostering manager wont do anything about it.

Whoever said that guys arent in cafe are wrong. We have two guys both fully trained in cafe. One only gets shifts in cafe. If you want to get trained you just have to ask, that goes for FA/BA as well.

Ive never been trained in back area but I know how to make most of the burgers. Its a hard job, especially drive thru but you meet great people.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Mcdonalds is great to work at :)

Scorch

HSC
I know front and back area, and let me say that front area can fuck right off. I'm at Uni and since I learnt front area, I do 90% of my shifts there, which has me now considering quitting, because the manager that runs front area most days is a bitch and treats me like crap, and no matter how many times I ask the rostering manager, I never get back shiftds.

chubzy

HSC
Oh, and a question for anyone that works at Maccas, has anyone ever had a TRANSFER to another store? I'd love to get out of mine quick so I can finally get more shifts at one that at least doesn't have a corrupt, stingy, manager like mine. STILL po'd about no double pay on public holidays.
i don't know if my experience counts as a "transfer"
but i used to work at chatswood food court and then the main manager left to perth
and all this weird shit happened and i stopped getting shifts altogether
and then i got an email asking why "i quit maccas"
(which is kinda funny cause i was going to quit soon anyways)
so i applied for st leonards and got in~ (had to do the metime again though) =.=

and yeah it was the best decision of my (maccas) life. :D

akrinis

HSC
I'm ECSTATIC!! I'm going for an interview at another Maccas!! WOO! Wish me luck.

And the first thing I'm going to ask for is front shifts when I score the job!

Last edited:

sach1990

HSC
I'm ECSTATIC!! I'm going for an interview at another Maccas!! WOO! Wish me luck.

And the first thing I'm going to ask for is front shifts when I score the job!
hey how'd u apply for the job? do u have to go in person and sub,it ur application to the manager or ??

chistar

HSC
N/A
females are normally at the front and males are normally at the back, but not always

once you get used to it, they may train you to do both, or cafe

at first they'll make you work in front area, and do dining and patio/cleaning, but then after a couple of months they'll send you to order taking (bludge!) and drive thru (stressing!)

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)