Make Notes or Combine Notes for Business Studies? (1 Viewer)

cherryboi

HSC
To tell the truth it takes me time typing notes for business studies as you have to find different sources to make them perfect. For a subject like business studies where there is less understanding and more memorising is it necessary to write your own notes?.

My business teacher has been pushing that its important to write your own notes rather than take others. But I was thinking wont i rather practise past papers for it. I got all my notes from boredofstudies last year for prelim business and scored 90+ in all assessments so i was wondering if it was necessary to completely write notes from scratch.

For example I don't make my own notes for chemistry and physics cause I get notes from my tutors to which I make more concise notes using the Cornell system and then majority of the time I keep doing past papers . But business studies is a bit different from the sciences in that sense.I wanted advice from people who got 90+ in these subjects on how you approached the note taking in business studies.

Thank You.

Btw i have been buying multiple business studies notes from high achievers in forum and I was thinking that i would just combine these notes to make super notes ?!

Last edited:

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
To tell the truth it takes me time typing notes for business studies as you have to find different sources to make them perfect. For a subject like business studies where there is less understanding and more memorising is it necessary to write your own notes?.

My business teacher has been pushing that its important to write your own notes rather than take others. But I was thinking wont i rather practise past papers for it. I got all my notes from boredofstudies last year for prelim business and scored 90+ in all assessments so i was wondering if it was necessary to completely write notes from scratch.

For example I don't make my own notes for chemistry and physics cause I get notes from my tutors to which I make more concise notes using the Cornell system and then majority of the time I keep doing past papers . But business studies is a bit different from the sciences in that sense.I wanted advice from people who got 90+ in these subjects on how you approached the note taking in business studies.

Thank You.

Btw i have been buying multiple business studies notes from high achievers in forum and I was thinking that i would just combine these notes to make super notes ?!
What I think is best to do is make your own notes (but use like the high achievers as a base to see what you need to write)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
If your approach worked in Preliminary, then it is also likely to work for your HSC year. Pastpapers > making your own notes. I completely relied on other peoples /teachers notes and I got a band 6 so you don't need to make your own notes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)