Making notes from the syllabus (1 Viewer)

Spike

I was just wondering how you guys were going about it...

it is sort of confusing me............ I know the content just not how to make notes on it.

kaseita

I just made my normal class notes, summarised the textbook, and then used the syllabus for revision. There are a few things in the syllabus that's generally not in the textbook, so either you make notes on them, or just learn them and remember them. Your teacher will probably go through them with you.
Just make notes on stuff you think you might forget. If its a concept that you now understand, I wouldn't put that in your notes, cause normally it ends up with you writing out the textbook. But if its say a list, such as the different things an organisation does, then do that.
Basically, just make notes on the stuff that requires memory work. For the concepts, don't bother. if you forget the concept, then just read back through the textbook or notes, and if you've definitely forgotten, then ask a friend.

and uh, don't do what my friend did. His got 400pages of summary notes on ecos...he'll never use it! Mine are about 10pgs each topic, max.

Last edited:

boycalledfox

there's not much more frustrating than writing out summaries only to realise it isn't a "summary" at all. it takes you 4 hours just to read them.

macca202

Originally posted by boycalledfox
there's not much more frustrating than writing out summaries only to realise it isn't a "summary" at all. it takes you 4 hours just to read them.
Fuck YEAH!!!! i got same prob.(about 80 pages of notes) i think i will higlight the importamt basics of my notes on saturday, and take a shorther version of notes (about 30 pages) using whats highlighted, then closer to exam, just do notes on the harder to remember shit really brifly, like as a memory jogger, and then read the 30 page notes the night before. What you all reckon, goood idea? im too lazy to do practise essays or trial papers

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I would get out of that lazy habit in regards to essays and trial papers macca,
U dont want to go into the exam unprepared for the extended responses...thats jus my opinion
and yeah im like u, i had like 80 pages of notes, and now thats all down to like 15 pages of concise points for the short answers,
so yeah read your long notes, and make short notes on those

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)