• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Making up a related text (1 Viewer)

Jono256

HSC
N/A
Hi Everyone,

Iam trying to write an essay for belonging. The text we are doing in class is As you like it. I need to find another related text for the esay. Has anyone just made up a related text? For example you could refer to Short story(which doesn't exist) and taylor the techniques in it to suit the main text you are studying?

I am looking to do this for the Half yearly. Do you think teachers would double check everything?

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
I practically made up a related text for Module C during assessments and the hsc. The original text itself was very bland and basic and i added in about a million techniques and themes that weren't there.

It's very possible, and if you can pull it off will work like a charm.

Teachers probably won't bother checking

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yes you can. You're not meant to, but you can easily get away with it.

However, it defeats the whole point of doing English. The subject is not about how well you can memorise themes and quotes. It's meant to teach you the critical skills of analysis and structuring language. You cutting yourself short if you make one up.

Gangstar1

HSC
I wouldnt recommend it, I guess you could pull it off, but I reckon you'll spend much more time making it up then you would analysing a real O.R.T . If you having troubles finding a O.R.T just ask your teacher im sure they'll be happy to help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)