• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Maritime Museum excursion... (2 Viewers)

Jezzabelle

Hey friends,

my stupid chemistry **thing** (i could never define him as a teacher) is making our class train it to the city next thursday to spend 4 hrs at the maritime museum... supposed to cover a lot of the syllabus ( which he avoids to teach...)
just wondering if anyone else has been? or is going?
any comments?

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
You'll need the worksheets they give out to do one of the last dotpoints in the syllabus; it's the one about cleaning/restoring an Australian wreck.

Other than that, the excursion isn't informative. It won't cover anything from the syllabus in depth, if at all, and the only thing I remember getting out of my trip is to always calibrate an electronic pH meter before use.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I went a few weeks ago. It was pretty boring and basically all you need to know about is the anchor, cannon and the artefacts. Thats all I got out of it really... but its covered in my text book anyway!

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Clearly all I got out of it was a greasy hamburger and some time off with friends. But you do need to fill out some key parts of the sheet, e.g. methods of preservation and desalination, i s'pose.

rumour

HSC
They have workshops,where you learn about corrosion of matels, etc.

But you get to go inside a submarine!!

Ammzie

HSC
We had to go to it to.... I went there with low expectations and it was alright, i hate chemistry and was reluctant to go on the excursion, but none the less it turned out to be ok.

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
Yeah, we went as well and it turned out better than i expected. We went through a million dot points and the amazing thing is i understood! i think that was the most productive chemistry lesson i've had in 2 years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)