Marking/B6 cutoff (1 Viewer)

amberbambi

HSC
N/A
Hey guys

What do you think the marking will be like for English? What score do you think will qualify for a b6 given how quite a few people thought the exam was 'easy' or generic?

photastic

HSC
Hey guys

What do you think the marking will be like for English? What score do you think will qualify for a b6 given how quite a few people thought the exam was 'easy' or generic?
Really depends on the cohort, it was same story for the first belonging exam where the questions were also generic so I reckon the alignment will be similar to 2009 where the cutoff for a band 6 was ~81/105.

Flop21

HSC
Really depends on the cohort, it was same story for the first belonging exam where the questions were also generic so I reckon the alignment will be similar to 2009 where the cutoff for a band 6 was ~81/105.
What would a 60/105 get?

Flop21

HSC
Based off the raw mark database, a mid to high b4 but i doubt your mark will be that low.
I'm thinking maybe 37/45 for paper 1, and paper 2 is just haunting me. I felt like I was just writing BS, and I don't know how they mark in the HSC for english.

Can someone help me figure out the marks I would be expecting for this:

Say mod a, good analysis, 4 body paragraphs, good intro, soundly answers question - 6 pages

Mod b - somewhat answers question, only 3 body paragraphs, average analysis - 5 pages (i think)

Mod c - 4 really short body paragraphs, soundly answers question (maybe poorly) - 4 pages

I know I should forget about it, but it's seriously depressing me. Right now I think I could get an okay mark for mod b, but I'm thinking I didn't answer the questions GREAT, maybe somewhat, and now I'm going to fail each section.

Is it possible I could get say 37 also in this paper???

photastic

HSC
I'm thinking maybe 37/45 for paper 1, and paper 2 is just haunting me. I felt like I was just writing BS, and I don't know how they mark in the HSC for english.

Say mod a, good analysis, 4 body paragraphs, good intro, soundly answers question - 6 pages

Mod b - somewhat answers question, only 3 body paragraphs, average analysis - 5 pages (i think)

Mod c - 4 really short body paragraphs, soundly answers question (maybe poorly) - 4 pages

I know I should forget about it, but it's seriously depressing me. Right now I think I could get an okay mark for mod b, but I'm thinking I didn't answer the questions GREAT, maybe somewhat, and now I'm going to fail each section.

As long u answered the questions concisely and integrated your ideas with evidence, you should be fine.

amberbambi

HSC
N/A
Out of curiosity how did you perform in HSC English last year? How long were your responses?

Yeungster

HSC

Stop speculating. It will only stress you out even more. Should just focus on next exam. thats all you can do xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)