Marks???! (1 Viewer)

COMPREHENSIVE

I did the catholic trail and found extremely hard. Physics is now by far my worst subject and i only got a mark of 49.5 which was poor since there were people in my school geeting in the 70's and two boys got 82.

I'm extremely disapionted but i will live to fight another day.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jenn

comprehensive.. ur 49.5 mark should get rounded up to 50 so at least u passed

our teachers dont even mark with half marks

Case Study

HSC
60% Which is much better than I expected. I think I was about average. Doesn't matter too much to me tho. I'm doing 13 Units and I must admit I haven't been working too hard on my physics. :rolleyes:

NIk St*r

I did the independent trials too and got around 66% ...this chick though who always comes tops in everything though got like 95% in the bloody exam! she got 59/60 for one section...HOW IS THA POSSIBLE I SAY???!!! :mad:

I got 97% in the independent which was the highest 2nd was 70%, did you guys consider it a really hard test, because my teacher told me it was gonna be a killer of an exam but it turned out ok.

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
Originally posted by Slice of heaven
I got 97% in the independent which was the highest 2nd was 70%, did you guys consider it a really hard test, because my teacher told me it was gonna be a killer of an exam but it turned out ok.
97%????????!!!!!!!!!!!!....
fuk me! ....hhehe.. didn't mean it literally haha..

farr man... do u like study heaps n heaps n heaps or what??

i would never b able to get that in phy6...or even any of my subjects hahaha :p :p

but anyways congratulations...thats a damn good mark..! keep it up ;) ;)

thanks lazychic but I do have a tutor so I find that I can keep up with it even when some of the concepts get hard.

Morgues

4 people got 100% in my school for the independent.......average was around 65%........there was a large group at around 90 then a bigger one at 60% and the other half failed

I got 76%

Last edited:
Thats pretty cool Morgues 4 ppl with 100%, how many ppl do physics at your school btw only 7 do it at my school.

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
damn 100%??? shhheezzhh... smarties!! hehe :p

well there's 5 at our skool.. use to b 8 then 2 dropped out afta yr11 and one moved..

hehe.. :D

NIk St*r

What school do u 2 go to???!!! btw congrats slice of heaven...wish i could get that in the real HSC...ha ha im dreaming... :eek:

AiMz

HSC
I got 83% and it was a mixture of CSSA and independent

Originally posted by NIk St*r
What school do u 2 go to???!!! btw congrats slice of heaven...wish i could get that in the real HSC...ha ha im dreaming... :eek:
I go to James Busby high school, pretty crap school cos the dux last yr only got like 92.3 UAI, and we're talking the dux here thnx NIk St*r but those guys that got 100%, cheers to them.

Morgues

Originally posted by Slice of heaven
Thats pretty cool Morgues 4 ppl with 100%, how many ppl do physics at your school btw only 7 do it at my school.
about 80......don't let the 4 100s mislead you.........plenty of marks on the other side of the scale as well

as i said overall average turned out to be about 60%

Trym_666

scaling

does anyone have a choice of two options in their school
cause we have medical and quanta to choose from

but the weird thing is that because i did medical i got scaled down from 89% to 87% in da trial and the other class got scaled up 5 % ........

dis happened at any other schools

Re: scaling

Originally posted by Trym_666
does anyone have a choice of two options in their school
cause we have medical and quanta to choose from

but the weird thing is that because i did medical i got scaled down from 89% to 87% in da trial and the other class got scaled up 5 % ........

dis happened at any other schools
[/QUOT

I've heard that certain options get scaled more than others for example Indutrial chem an option in Chem is scaled but only by one or two marks, so it seems kind of drastic to scale by 5%, btw why does your school scale mrks, is this standard procedure for most schools? Because my school just leaves them raw, but it probably wouldn't matter right as your marks if scaled will be done so relatively so it would almost be the same as not scaling them .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)