Math1004 (1 Viewer)

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
Long story short i might need to do this as a space filler next semester. As someone who did 3 unit maths for HSC in 2012, how hard should I find this subject?

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
I'll be doing MATH1004 next semester as well, and I only have a 3 unit background.

Seeing as it is a normal level unit, I doubt it would be any more hard than the any of the other first year normal-level mathematics subjects.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
3 Unit is more than enough to get you through discrete Mathematics. A lot of the stuff will seem new and alien but once you get used to it, you'll find that it really isn't at all that bad.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Long story short i might need to do this as a space filler next semester. As someone who did 3 unit maths for HSC in 2012, how hard should I find this subject?
I'll be doing MATH1004 next semester as well, and I only have a 3 unit background.

Seeing as it is a normal level unit, I doubt it would be any more hard than the any of the other first year normal-level mathematics subjects.
MATH1004 buddies next sem.

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
GL remembering anything but beside that 3 unit should be fine

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
You can do more than 24 credit points in one semester.

The only restrictions you'd have to look out for is if you are in the Advanced or Advanced Mathematics stream, in which case you can only do 48 credit points of junior subjects.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
You'd just add the unit as per normal in MyUni Enrolment Variations. It should allow you to add up to 36 credit points in one semester (although you'd probably be killing yourself if you do).

And yeah, if you've done 24 credit points this semester and 24 next semester not including MATH1004, then it won't be possible. If you ended up completing MATH1004 than you would be downgraded to the normal stream.

Andrew759

HSC
I did both MATH1004 and MATH1005 end of last year, and I plan on taking MATH1003 because it seems interesting and I did 4u HSC, it looks like it should be pretty much a rehash of that.
To anyone considering which one to do, id say do MATH1004, unless you know for sure you need Statistics. Discrete maths is much more interesting.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)