MATH1131 Test @ Racecourse but where exactly? (1 Viewer)

lebomatic

HSC
I have a MATH1131 test tomorrow in the morning it says " Centennial Rm R'wick R'course" yet I don't know where to go exactly? Is there a specific building / place that we are designated to go into?

D94

HSC
N/A
Aw fk, oaks marquee is actually a tent?
It's a Marquee. That might be semantics, but it's not as bad as it sounds. It's way better than the other Marquees that I used to have my exams in.

There are some pictures in this file of Oaks Lawn Marquee: https://www.australianturfclub.com.au/pdf/fact/ATC_RR_OaksLawn.pdf

It's a large, closed area, with heating and air conditioning, glass windows, glass doors, high ceiling, connected to a kitchen area etc.

Remember, this is a permanent structure at the Royal Randwick Racecourse.

The quality of the "tent" is really the last thing to be concerned about when you do your exams :p

lebomatic

HSC
Probably a stupid question but do we need to bring our own paper/materials to the exam?

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
just pens and approved calculator

D94

HSC
N/A

D94

HSC
N/A
Oaks marquee was actually pretty much a tent lmao
Although the thing is, when students talked about tents, rarely did they refer to Oaks Lawn Marquee. There were actually other tents, which were temporary structures, that we sat our exams in. Those were very mediocre compared to Oaks Lawn Marquee.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Could have, Should have, Would have
But didn't.

Oh well dw about it too much. I'm sure you did well in 1131 anyway to compensate.

Like I looked at the 1131 papers and did all the q1 and q2 (apparently they were changing it this year so first two questions are common) and it seemed like a breeze. Meanwhile in 1141, our lecturer said something like only two people got above 70/80 raw or something like that.

So yeah it shouldn't make a big difference for you any way.

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
fk as soon as i found out that the first two questions were the same, I regretted not taking 1141

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
fk as soon as i found out that the first two questions were the same, I regretted not taking 1141
idk though q2 did seem quite different for us. What was something you remember from your q2? I have the paper on me so I can check.

However a lot of my friends said they found q4 way too challenging to the point they don't think it would have been easy to even scrape 10/20 marks.

I only found the last part of q4 and bits and pieces throughout the paper (in q2 and q3) challenging so yeah that's why I don't think q2 was common. Looking back I'll probably get less for q3 than q4. So many questions that took ages to get through onto paper (took like 45 mins to do q3 :/)

D94

HSC
N/A
What usually happens is Q1 is the same; Q2 is similar in that the questions start off the same, but 1131 gives hints on how to answer it or guides the student, whereas 1141 doesn't given any clues; Q3 and Q4 are completely different.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
What usually happens is Q1 is the same; Q2 is similar in that the questions start off the same, but 1131 gives hints on how to answer it or guides the student, whereas 1141 doesn't given any clues; Q3 and Q4 are completely different.
idk but Doust said something about making the questions the same.

However your explanation makes much more sense because I doubt q2 was the same. It took a while to get out a few things and required more thinking time than actually writing, which is characteristic of 1141 past papers.

Web Addict

HSC
For MATH1141, did anyone actually attempt the part of Question 4 which asks about the norm of matrix?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)