Maths Accelerated for grad 2019? Anyone? (1 Viewer)

OriginalCopy

HSC
Hey, is there anyone graduating in 2019 doing maths accelerated this year? My school isn't supportive of accelerated course AT ALL and they declined me because 'the syllabus hasn't been prepared yet'. I just wanted to know how many people or are there any people doing this course at all this year, who are graduating in 2019?

Thanks!

tetradecane

HSC
2019 grad here as well, and I asked my school, and it's too late to accelerate now as you can't cover the sufficient hours for the course unless the decision to accelerate was made before Year 10 apparently.

OriginalCopy

HSC
Ohhh...I didn't know about the changes and my teacher didn't provide with a valid reason to why I couldn't do Maths acc. so thanks a ton!

myopic_owl22

HSC
Sorry for reviving a rather old post, but just for anyone else who would like things cleared up:

If you're in year 10 (class of 2019) now and doing preliminary advanced maths (having covered all of the year 9 and 10 content in year 9), you'll still be looking at the old syllabus. If you're planning on extensions, that won't change either. MANSW had a bit of a scuffle with NESA and convinced them to revise the new stage 6 maths syllabi for publication this year. This means that anyone completing their HSC maths advanced, ext1 or ext2 course in 2020 will be affected, as will all the grades below them.
http://educationstandards.nsw.edu.au/wps/portal/nesa/11-12/Understanding-the-curriculum/curriculum-development/senior-years/mathematics-advanced-extension

So your non-accelerated peers won't be affected either. Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)