Maths School Certficate Exam (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clever angel

HSC
my maths paper didn't go very well. i was execting a band 6 but now a band 5. some of the multiple chocie were tricky. what about u??

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I found that the majority of my year didn't finish section one. I almost finished, I could have done with an extra five minutes. But many of my friends had heaps to go. I finished overall about 15mins before the end.
Was anyone allowed to walk out? We were for english, butevery exam after that we weren't allowed.

InFeRn0

HSC
Originally posted by PaleReflection
I found that the majority of my year didn't finish section one. I almost finished, I could have done with an extra five minutes. But many of my friends had heaps to go. I finished overall about 15mins before the end.
Was anyone allowed to walk out? We were for english, butevery exam after that we weren't allowed.
yeh i hardly finished section one... a few extra mins would hav been nice or maybe let us do all of it as a whole becuz i had extra time at the end and i could've checked over section 1 in that time...

also my maths teacher went over the test and it took him like 20 mins to work the very last question... the one about fabinocci and the number 50... in the end i think he didnt even work it out.... haha so how are we ment to

Kulazzi

HSC
Our supervisor goes:

"You cannot leave within one hour the exam has started, you can only leave one hour after the exam has started and you cannot leave within the last 15 minutes of the exam"

:rolleyes:

Funky_Junky

HSC
our supervisors didn't allow us to leave before the exam finishes...for geo/his nearly half of the students at my skool finished like 30 min before the end and they weren't allowed to leave, so they started to whistle, talk and make noises and it was sooo annoying and really hard to concentrate...and to my surprise no one got a zero, they all got away with it.

HSC
same as my school. by the time the supervisor said pens down, everyone freaked out! literally!
the non calculator section was soo bad even though i left a couple of questions out. but seriously, what the heck is that? the non calculator questions from past papers are heaps easier!

Kulazzi

HSC
Originally posted by **freakstar87**
same as my school. by the time the supervisor said pens down, everyone freaked out! literally!
the non calculator section was soo bad even though i left a couple of questions out. but seriously, what the heck is that? the non calculator questions from past papers are heaps easier!
I totally agree with you, I couldn't finish it and niether could half of our grade :( :( :(

HSC
i was expecting a band 6 too but because of the non calculator and the last question on the problem solving, i probably gonna get band 5 unless a miracle happens :( :eek: :(

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
im pretty sure that most people from our school finished section 1 within the period but no-one really left the exam before it finished...we were allowed to leave in all our exams though...except if there was anymore exams after the history/geo one they wouldnt have cos some people ranout of the hall when we were supposed to be collecting our phones...

Funky_Junky

HSC
Originally posted by **freakstar87**
i was expecting a band 6 too but because of the non calculator and the last question on the problem solving, i probably gonna get band 5 unless a miracle happens :( :eek: :(
wat was the last question out of???

Funky_Junky

HSC
btw....for reading time were u guy allowed to read the whole maths paper or just the Sample Questions & Formulae Booklet....coz during our reading time we weren't allowed to read the maths paper, only the Sample Questions & Formulae Booklet and it was f*ckin BORING!!!! :mad:

Last edited:
HSC
Originally posted by Funky_Junky
wat was the last question out of???
fibonacchi method thingy-can't remember the exact question.

geez funky, i feel so sorry for your school! we got to read the whole booklet and get five minutes extra time because of complications with our clock.

Last edited:

Agent Z

HSC
Originally posted by Funky_Junky
btw....for reading time were u guy allowed to read the whole maths paper or just the Sample Questions & Formulae Booklet....during our reading time we weren't allowed to read the maths paper, only the Sample Questions & Formulae Booklet and it was f*ckin BORING!!!! :mad:
nah, we were allowed to read the whole booklet....why otherwise would they give you 10 mins?

Estel

Tutor
HSC
The last question was
Using a new number, find a method to find the sum of the first 50 numbers in the fibonacci sequence without adding them up.

The exam was quite interesting (fun in a perverse way)... the fibonacci question surprised me... quite a good thing I had half an hour left to do the last question or I would'nt be able to do it.

Anyone confident of getting perfect?

Last edited:

PrettyNoose

HSC
Originally posted by Agent Z
nah, we were allowed to read the whole booklet....why otherwise would they give you 10 mins?
what?? really?? thats odd

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Estel
Anyone confident of getting perfect?
Its T_52 -1. So if you got that you will be fine. Of course I dont do the SC so thats just for your information.

Last edited:

:kaz.n:

HSC
i didnt get to read the whole booklet...thats fukin jiped! only the yellow one and my frend got caught readin the other booklets and its up to the BOS to decide his fate....fuked up system

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Its T_52 -1. So if you got that you will be fine. Of course I dont do the SC so thats just for your information.
I wrote that in brackets when I realised what the question was asking for... at first I wrote the (n+2)th number -1... But it's not that question which shakes my confidence of getting perfect; just takes one mistake.

Our examiner made it very clear we weren't allowed to read anything other than the yellow book... pretty stupid if you ask me as we all ended up looking at each other bored ridiculously for five minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)