Max / Min Number of Cartons. (1 Viewer)

breesy

The system needs to be redesigned to produce automatically:
- Monthly production data, such as total number of cartons
- The maximum number of cartons packed on a day
- The minimum number of cartrons packed on a day

Correct me if im wrong, but how can the be two distinct values for max and min produced, you produce however many you produce on a set day... It is both a max and a min.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
haha,..

max or min cartons ever.
this is obvious since its not for just 1 day.
(eg in a game how u have... "best time")
same principle..

just store em in a file

breesy

Same here, however the question doesn't really say that, so im a bit curious as to what it actually means..

MarsBarz

HSC
Yeah, probably a day of the year/month. It's self evident that a single day can't have both a max and a min.

That question was worth 4 marks and I didn't really like it. I think I talked about files (ie: textfiles) and databases.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
you also needed to talk about how the data can be analyzed.

eg create report..

MarsBarz

HSC
haboozin said:
you also needed to talk about how the data can be analyzed.

eg create report..
Yeah I think I also mentioned that a report would have to be produced. I'm not sure though. Haha, gosh I hate not remembering what I put down!

HSC
lol, I think somehow I got off track and started talking about SQL. I don't think this is in the SDD syllabus?? I don't know if I'd get marks for it or not.

breesy

Lol, supprisingly it is in the VET IT syllabus yet not the SDD syllabus. You should get your marks, its a perfectly valid solution even if not covered under the syllabus. I think the data analysis will be limited to one mark, but certainly needed to be mentioned. Hated that question, probably spent longer on it than any other. Whats the go with the logic gate quesiton and 4 marks? Hate remembering what i wrote aswell, am just hoping i got all this stuff in there...

Based on how much everyone from our school wrote, the 4 page booklets were a silly idea.

HSC
is that because they wrote more or less??

Oh and by the way, I do IT VET as well....4 units of it. :p Oh and IPT lol.

Anna K

HSC
Haha breezy i agree about the four page booklets being a silly idea. I sat down and went "you're kidding me, right?" I ended up with five extra booklets. Granted they aren't cover to cover, but still, there's five of them. Especially because the lines are extra big - my algorithm for the merge sort thing went for a page and a half.

breesy

3 guesses for your future career... We initially did IPT then the class changed to SDD (long story). Most did more for atleast one question, 8 booklets personally. 4 unit VET IT? How so? 2U is a nice easy class albeit a little boring at times.

HSC
IT was over a month, I just talked about how you can find MIN and MAX after writing it into an array of records

HSC
I do IT extension...just means I go to TAFE once a week for a few hours while everyone has the arvo off. :( I don't think there are too many other people doing as many computer units as me, I know of 1 other in my school. But yeh, IT ext. means I get a cert 3 in IT and I've also dont about half of cert 4 in web admin...so well on my way lol, even if I do get a bad uai.

D43V1L0N3

HSC
agree with Casmira here. i put everything into an array of records.... i went slightly overboard and divided the array into years, months and days... but oh well.

then yeah, extract the data for a given month and then run a max/min search on it

HSC
D43V1L0N3 said:
agree with Casmira here. i put everything into an array of records.... i went slightly overboard and divided the array into years, months and days... but oh well.

then yeah, extract the data for a given month and then run a max/min search on it
Same :D

My example in my explanation was
Date(Index) = 2/11/05
Cartons(Index) = 50
Month(Index) = 11

And I was saying how the MIN and MAX could be found by quering the Cartons/Month (eg. Cartons(2) & Month(2) would get you the amount of cartons in month 2 which is prob feb if it doesnt start at 0)

MarsBarz

HSC
Casmira said:
Same :D

My example in my explanation was
Date(Index) = 2/11/05
Cartons(Index) = 50
Month(Index) = 11

And I was saying how the MIN and MAX could be found by quering the Cartons/Month (eg. Cartons(2) & Month(2) would get you the amount of cartons in month 2 which is prob feb if it doesnt start at 0)
Are you saying that you wrote pseudocode for it? The question said that it was not necessary to create an algorithm for it. I just broadly described how the info could be stored and a report could be generated etc.

HSC
I did write about 1 line of pseudocode in assisting my explanation, its alot easier to say Date(Index) = 2/11/05 rather than a date array of records with an index and a date

MarsBarz

HSC
Casmira said:
I did write about 1 line of pseudocode in assisting my explanation, its alot easier to say Date(Index) = 2/11/05 rather than a date array of records with an index and a date
Fair enough :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)