Medicine (1 Viewer)

Waldo

Hiding Somewhere
Joined
Jul 27, 2003
Messages
134
Gender
Male
HSC
2005
Hi
I was wondering what was the difference between the undergraduate medicine course offered at university of NSW and the university of Newcastle.

e.g. UNSW- B Medicine/B Surgery
Uni Newcastle - B Medicine
 

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
5,986
Gender
Female
HSC
N/A
dont quote me on this, but isnt newcastle meant to be the only internationally recognised one or something??
 

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
Joined
Nov 17, 2002
Messages
6,208
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Waldo
Hi
I was wondering what was the difference between the undergraduate medicine course offered at university of NSW and the university of Newcastle.

e.g. UNSW- B Medicine/B Surgery
Uni Newcastle - B Medicine
essentially there is no difference, except that UNC's course is 5 years and UNSW is 6. I've heard good things from both unis, but where you apply is up to you. there is also no difference between the titles BMed. and MBBS.
 

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
Joined
Sep 5, 2002
Messages
6,786
Location
In an underground bunker
Gender
Male
HSC
2003
Originally posted by Frigid

essentially there is no difference, except that UNC's course is 5 years and UNSW is 6. I've heard good things from both unis, but where you apply is up to you. there is also no difference between the titles BMed. and MBBS.
yep, in that case the Newcastle one is better since its 5 years!! :D
 

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
5,986
Gender
Female
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
yep, in that case the Newcastle one is better since its 5 years!! :D
+ the fact that newcastle is an awesome city to live in!!
 

Suvat

part timer
Joined
Feb 8, 2003
Messages
645
Gender
Male
HSC
N/A
Really? Last time I passed through it wasn't very exciting...
 

redslert

yes, my actual brain
Joined
Nov 25, 2002
Messages
2,373
Location
Behind You!!
Gender
Male
HSC
2003
Originally posted by Suvat
Really? Last time I passed through it wasn't very exciting...
maybe that's why it's 5yrs...less stuff to do, makes you study more
 

evilc

I am a fish
Joined
Sep 30, 2003
Messages
824
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
2002
what's there to argue about ;)
 

...

^___^
Joined
May 21, 2003
Messages
7,725
Location
somewhere inside E6A
Gender
Male
HSC
1998
Originally posted by evilc
what's there to argue about ;)
haha..

i dun even know the last time i went to newcastle..the closest i've been there when i caught the wrong train and landed in central coast
 

evilc

I am a fish
Joined
Sep 30, 2003
Messages
824
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
2002
Originally posted by santaslayer
the difference is the proximity of the unis from ur place.....
that's basically what it comes down to
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top