• speech

Votes: 56 10.5%
  • story

Votes: 298 56.1%

• Total voters

xXxIchigoxXx

Oh snap!
HSC
I did the memoir. it fitted well with my story. Although I hated how they gave us the titles, usually we have free range of what we can write.

JadeSarah

HSC
isnt a memoir like a story of your past or something.. i dont really know!
doesnt matter tho, i did the speech! pretty shit but so so so stoked that its over!
only 5 to go now!!!

Cerry

HSC
purplecupcake said:
hahaha, just as i thought ^^^ most people did the story :) YAY FOR THE CURIOUS TRAVELLER ! ...i have a question though; what did people write about if they chose the speech?... ??
I looked at the things, and didn't have anything for any of them really.
But for some reason when I read the speech topic, I thought of my parents talking about how they remember when most of the stuff people our age are wearing was in fashion the first time, and how it still looks just as stupid as it did then.
My speech was the head designer of some major lable giving a speech at some sort of "you're a head designer, you're awesome" thing (possibly a retirement. Didn't think it through that much). Basically, she did the story of her life, with photos.
First photo was her mum and her when she was 3, wearing flared jeans and peasant tops in the 70s; then her before her first highschool dance in the 80s in a bubble dress she'd made with her mum; her on her first day at work as a designer in the 90s wearing a suit, and surrounded by mannequins in ripped jeans and flannies/fluoro bike short and white slogan tshirts; her and her 3 year old daughter in flared jeans and peasant tops; her daughter before her first highschool dance in a bubble dress they'd made together, and her daughter wants to be a fashion designer...so her life, her career and fashion have all come a perfect circle or something equally lame

Mumless

HSC
I did a story. Almost chose a speech, but stuck with what I thought would turn out better for myself.

ultimoto1

HSC
wrote a story but took it as the perspective of somebody who has lost their curiousity (which is told in the first part) and the journey makes them rediscover it and helps their daughter to become curious as well. was kind off a little bit like my ext english crime fiction creative, i dont know, was kind of my prepared with a few changes but essay was by far my best.

suchi29

HSC
XD i had 15 mins to do my STORY 'curious traveller' .. but i managed to rite a fair bit.. def.not happy with it but.. yeh.. i shouldnt have spent 50 mins on section 3 dammit.. but i think ill get pritty good init.. hopefully XD

ahh lets c wot paper 2 has in stall for us :D O`Joy >.<'

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
suchi29 said:
XD i had 15 mins to do my STORY 'curious traveller' .. but i managed to rite a fair bit.. def.not happy with it but.. yeh.. i shouldnt have spent 50 mins on section 3 dammit.. but i think ill get pritty good init.. hopefully XD

ahh lets c wot paper 2 has in stall for us :D O`Joy >.<'
im worried thatc cuz paper one was relativly easy, paper 2 is going to be quite difficult

rldave

HSC
N/A
mathslover said:
Anybody actually know what a memoir is??
the second text in section 1 was a memoir so that would have been a really big hint

tania O

HSC
proringz said:
I don't even know what a memoir is lol

ahahahha me 2 when i looked at it im like in my head wha does thats mean? lol iwas like im just gona do the story

JimmyJimJim

HSC
I did the memoir, which worked quite well with my story.

As far as I'm aware, a memoir is essentially a personal recount of a memory or event, most likely written in the 1st person.

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
I wrote a story that I had memorized before walking into the exam.

The question was really open to rote learning, which suited my exam preperation. I luled at the Sydney Grammar guy in the paper who was bitching about how the exam question invited students with prepared essays/narratives to just jot down their stuff :)

Aristotles

HSC
I thought the speech would have been the easiest, I did mine based on Support Circles... ie. AA etc.. and how they can help overcome issues etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)