Memorised Creative Writing! (1 Viewer)

zxcvbee

HSC
N/A
Ok well ive memorised mine, its about 1300 words but i can write it in like 37 mins which is great, its a good story too, i just hope alot they dont throw in some stupid stimulus which toally throws me off!

And i hope they dont give us an starter sentence, bcos my first paragraph is soo good, id hate to have to incoropate another line into it, which could possible change the whole idea of my story..

But ive been told that teachers dont really take that much account of the stimulus, like its not a BIG thing if you have a good story. And also, the simplest thing, like if there is a picture of a laptop and you just say, i sat on my l;aptop typing away, thats your connection...

What are your thoughts on this?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
make sure you have a plan on how to write you're story if they ask for a letter or a feature article etc. that ussually destroys a lot of ppl.

*Baby-K*

HSC
-may-cat- said:
make sure you have a plan on how to write you're story if they ask for a letter or a feature article etc. that ussually destroys a lot of ppl.
feature article in the creative part???

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
*Baby-K* said:
feature article in the creative part???
oh yea, its one of those things which they dont do very often, but theres no reason why they shouldnt do it. sneaky bastards. i think it will be a letter this year, the last 4 years have been stories. so its mean, but not tooo mean.

*Baby-K*

HSC
-may-cat- said:
oh yea, its one of those things which they dont do very often, but theres no reason why they shouldnt do it. sneaky bastards. i think it will be a letter this year, the last 4 years have been stories. so its mean, but not tooo mean.
Well if it's a letter then I am safe. My creative is a series of diary entries.

friction

HSC
Bah a letter is easy.

Dear Wifey or wateva

I never told you this but now that im passing away ........(insert creative peice).....
I have always loved you.

Yours Truely.

BAM done.

Feature article but is death.

radioheaded

HSC
Yeah but they could ask for a letter to a composer of something in Sect1

in which case all you do is

Dear...

Your journey was amazing/inspiring/shite but it reminded me of something which occured only earlier/a story I wrote (take that bos)

insert story (putting in "here is where I think our stories are really similar/here is where my story trumps yours")

Lots of love.

Honestly, I think that due to the last 5 years being a narrative, they'll chuck in something interesting. But who knows, I'm just speculating.

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
lol Can anyone tell me quickly hwo to write/what is a transcript and a radio interview???

or even feature atricle if u could throw that in there? thanks a heap

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
syriangabsta said:
lol Can anyone tell me quickly hwo to write/what is a transcript and a radio interview???

or even feature atricle if u could throw that in there? thanks a heap
goddamit! i have all of that shit in my latest english book whih i cant find anywhere....

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
what if they give you a totally off the track quote that has no relevance to the story you memorised?

i just have a few ideas stored in my head.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
hahaha

ohh memorised mine too
if they give a specific text, i'll spin it somehow...

e.g. feature article "and here is an excerpt from the book, DEATH by wednesday Adams.... <insert creative piece here> oh how great, kthxbai"

frogbutt

Ugliest Member
HSC
zxcvbee said:
But ive been told that teachers dont really take that much account of the stimulus, like its not a BIG thing if you have a good story. And also, the simplest thing, like if there is a picture of a laptop and you just say, i sat on my l;aptop typing away, thats your connection...

What are your thoughts on this?
yes my teacher said that's true. the stimulus is just that - a stimulus. it's not the whole central focus point and obsession of your writing.

e.g. teacher drew an elephant on the board.

after long discussion, we ended up with an article on a political issue with only the quote 'we're ignoring the elephant in the room' jammed in the middle of the article. there was no elephant reference anywhere else - it was about politics.

janaranaran!

HSC
if they just let me write my damn story i'll be done in 25 minutes. but yeah if they say write a speech its
"good morning

first person version of my story

thank you."

or a letter
"dear so and so

first person version of my story, OR I read this cool story, wanna hear it? third person version.

bai."

*Baby-K*

HSC
For a feature article:

Heading.

Subheading- that little extract before the article. Use rhetorical questions. anecdote etc *to interest the reader*

Then pretty much write your creative here - will probably need to change topic sentence

Sometimes helps to draw a box and some stick figures on the side with a description underneath (to help emphasise your point)- this is not necessary

Conclusion - change it to link to the feature article and subheading

For a radio transcript:

(theme show music plays)- or somethin along the lines, describe the music

Interviewer- introduces the program, the interviewee and asks about the text (link it to your thesis/creative)

Person A- answers the question, links to thesis (pretty much your intro)

and so on

Then conclusion

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Personally i don't think its a good idea tp memorise an entire story, maybe key points if you have to but not the entire thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)