Memorising (1 Viewer)

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
So fellow Mod B Poem'ers, As you know they can ask us any one poem and then make us write our essay. So basically is anyone else going to memorise '350' word paragraphs for each of the 6 poems. I also have to memorise 3 other 850 word essays and 1 creative: 900 words. The total is basically around 6.5 essays worth. So, I dunno, Anyone else doing this?

HSC
So fellow Mod B Poem'ers, As you know they can ask us any one poem and then make us write our essay. So basically is anyone else going to memorise '350' word paragraphs for each of the 6 poems. I also have to memorise 3 other 850 word essays and 1 creative: 900 words. The total is basically around 6.5 essays worth. So, I dunno, Anyone else doing this?
I think that from now till the HSC, you should write as many essays on MOD B, answering them with a wide range of the poems so that you can test your understanding and you won't have to rely on memorising.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol. GL.

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
I think that from now till the HSC, you should write as many essays on MOD B, answering them with a wide range of the poems so that you can test your understanding and you won't have to rely on memorising.
Hahaha, there is always Math and Physics to do. And there is always the choice of Adderall. I am assuming you are not though going to memorise. What course do you want to get in to? Med?
I know right. I had to memorise 4500 or so words in half a day after school for trials. I had done my essay and all but when I look at English-> :( -> :( :( :(. ........ And when I look at math or phys-> :) -> More math and phys -> :) :) -> ......

HSC
Hahaha, there is always Math and Physics to do. And there is always the choice of Adderall. I am assuming you are not though going to memorise. What course do you want to get in to? Med?

I know right. I had to memorise 4500 or so words in half a day after school for trials. I had done my essay and all but when I look at English-> :( -> :( :( :(. ........ And when I look at math or phys-> :) -> More math and phys -> :) :) -> ......
If you are good at maths and phys (if you're confident in getting band 6 in both) you should focus more of your time on english. One or two marks in maths or phys won't make much of a difference to your atar if you're already in the band 6 range, but if you improve english, boosts your atar significantly.

Also actuarial studies :D

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
If you are good at maths and phys (if you're confident in getting band 6 in both) you should focus more of your time on english. One or two marks in maths or phys won't make much of a difference to your atar if you're already in the band 6 range, but if you improve english, boosts your atar significantly.

Also actuarial studies :D
I see. I have made my essays though. But not sure if I can adapt them as well in time limit. I have tried writing essay on spot after lot of practice but yeh then I get like 10/20 :( . Yes, 1 or 2 mark more in Math will impact me much more than 1-2 mark in English. I have put in solid effort in Math and Phys these two years and I want to see it pay off. Even in the Trials my luck went out bad and the teacher decided to cross out 3 marks from 99 to put me to 96 cos she said she didnt see it before despite giving me marks :(. But yeh that was Girraween there and we are talking about HSC now. Actuarial = 97 atar? Then why are you working so hard on English?

Last edited:
HSC
I see. I have made my essays though. But not sure if I can adapt them as well in time limit. I have tried writing essay on spot after lot of practice but yeh then I get like 10/20 :( . Yes, 1 or 2 mark more in Math will impact me much more than 1-2 mark in English. I have put in solid effort in Math and Phys these two years and I want to see it pay off. Even in the Trials my luck went out bad and the teacher decided to cross out 3 marks from 99 to put me to 96 cos she said she didnt see it before despite giving me marks :(. Actuarial = 97 atar? Then why are you working so hard on English?
Working hard on english = atar boost.

dshah73

HSC
Hahaha glad to know that someone is doing exactly what I am doing. MEMORISING EVERYTHING!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)