Mid-semester Transfer from UWS to UNSW (1 Viewer)

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
Hi BOS,
Nearing towards the end of 1st semester, I have come to the conclusion that I am not compatible with my current course and do not see myself as a future physiotherapist. Each passing week has made me less convinced that this is the path that I want to follow and this was confirmed with a fail in one of my units.

There isn't much information that I could find on mid-semester transfers so is there anyone that can help me out?

My 2013 ATAR was 94.80
Currently doing UWS B.Hlth Sci/M.Physio and wanting to do Engineering (Civil) as a single degree or as a double degree with Science which has a cut-off around 91 to 92 ATAR

Will they factor in my ATAR? My Semester 1 results from UWS? Or both?
Also, what happens with Mid-semester transfers - Do I have to catch-up on semester 1 in semester 2 or do I do it with the next year's cohort?

I really am lost and in a state of confusion atm so any advice would be nice :tongue2:
Thankyou

such_such

HSC
I AM IN THE SAME EXACT POSITION AS YOU also doing physio at uws and wanting to transfer to engo at unsw lol. Anyway i heard they only take your atar into account and you should get an offer (hopeful too)!

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Some courses offered in semester 1 are offered in semester 2 like phys1121 math1131 and some computing and chemistry. Then the courses you were meant to do in semester 2 will be done in the summer so you can finish your degree "on time"

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Join the unsw siq kient race

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
I AM IN THE SAME EXACT POSITION AS YOU also doing physio at uws and wanting to transfer to engo at unsw lol. Anyway i heard they only take your atar into account and you should get an offer (hopeful too)!
hah small world. Yep I really hope they take ATAR instead of semester 1 GPA :awesome: Hopefully we both can get into our respective courses! Really want a fresh start

Some courses offered in semester 1 are offered in semester 2 like phys1121 math1131 and some computing and chemistry. Then the courses you were meant to do in semester 2 will be done in the summer so you can finish your degree "on time"
So who actually is in my cohort then if I am doing sem 1 units in sem 2? Is it just the people doing mid-sem transfers?
Ah and what do you mean by summer? lol Im clueless

Also UAC told me this and it seems to imply that I won't have to cram units?
"If you are successful and are made an offer to your chosen course, you will begin the course from semester 2, you will not be required to 'catch up'."

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
hah small world. Yep I really hope they take ATAR instead of semester 1 GPA :awesome: Hopefully we both can get into our respective courses! Really want a fresh start

So who actually is in my cohort then if I am doing sem 1 units in sem 2? Is it just the people doing mid-sem transfers?

"If you are successful and are made an offer to your chosen course, you will begin the course from semester 2, you will not be required to 'catch up'."
You don't need to catch up on anything.You'll start the same as everyone,it's not like high school, nobody has a "cohort", you just choose the do the units you want to do at a particular semester,in this case you'll start in semester 2 and be with people from all kinds of standings such as double degree holders, part-timers, normal full-timers, transfers ..etc.. it's the same as as normal.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

the people in the cohort would be people that failed their first semester or do a mid year transfer so yeah.... I mean summer as in the summer session so it's like semester 1, semester 2 and summer semester.

I dont know what cram units means but you will have to start from scratch because no physio units will count towards an engineering degree (unless you're doing like structual engineering of the spine or some shit). So you can consider the time you spent at uni so far as "wasted" (if you know what i mean :p) and just do a degree that will take 4 years from semester 2 or you're only behind in 4 subjects so you could maybe do one extra subject in the summer (or 2 subjects in 2 summer sessions - however you plan your time) and finish the degree "as you expected" (ie within 4 years)

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
You don't need to catch up on anything.You'll start the same as everyone,it's not like high school, nobody has a "cohort", you just choose the do the units you want to do at a particular semester,in this case you'll start in semester 2 and be with people from all kinds of standings such as double degree holders, part-timers, normal full-timers, transfers ..etc.. it's the same as as normal.
the people in the cohort would be people that failed their first semester or do a mid year transfer so yeah.... I mean summer as in the summer session so it's like semester 1, semester 2 and summer semester.

I dont know what cram units means but you will have to start from scratch because no physio units will count towards an engineering degree (unless you're doing like structual engineering of the spine or some shit). So you can consider the time you spent at uni so far as "wasted" (if you know what i mean :p) and just do a degree that will take 4 years from semester 2 or you're only behind in 4 subjects so you could maybe do one extra subject in the summer (or 2 subjects in 2 summer sessions - however you plan your time) and finish the degree "as you expected" (ie within 4 years)
Ah alright thanks for clearing things up!

(Quite a riveting sig you have there Chronost :tongue2: )

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Transfer to UNSW you will have a great time. UWS party lyf is non existent

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
Talk to your own faculty

Yeah I sent an email already so just waiting for a constructive response from them :smile: Looking forward if I make it to UNSW but the Kensington campus is quite big, no? And yes in regards to your other post it seems overly chill in UWS :spzz:

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
UNSW has all the siq kients (myself being one).

Also UNSW campus is much nicer than UWS.

such_such

HSC
Alright another question... If I get a May Round Offer for the course I want, can I just discontinue my Physiotherapy course on the spot? (Using this form http://www.uws.edu.au/__data/assets...314_Discontinuation_or_break_from_studies.pdf)
Because I haven't done any final exams yet so they will most definitely use my ATAR, should I just discontinue and not attend any classes or do any exams from here on?
I think the UNSW offers come out on 26th of June - somewhere there after end of semester exams. Results will be available in July so dw about that. Technically you should attend you exams... but up to you:L

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
I think the UNSW offers come out on 26th of June - somewhere there after end of semester exams. Results will be available in July so dw about that. Technically you should attend you exams... but up to you:L
OHH June Round 2 Offers... thanks for that. But that is in week 18? Would semester 1 results get released by then? If it does I think it may use GPA from semester 1 instead of ATAR which I don't want considering my inconsistent semester 1 performance :spzz:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)