minimal study and pulling out with a mid 90? (1 Viewer)

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
i've heard a lot of people on BoS who have done minimal study and have managed to pull out amazing high 80s, low/mid 90s.
How do you all do it?
Studying smart vs. studying hard..
I've always wondered what ways they use to study..
Wanna share? Help the '10ers and '11ers lol =p

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
yeah.

HOW DO YOU SMART PEOPLE DO THAT!!!!???!!!

btw, should I study from my Maths textbook or past papers for my upcoming maths assessment? OR BOTH? but that would be hard.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
People lie...or they may just be assuming that they are not studying hard enough and then speculating about it to the public.

There is no road to "success" in HSC without some form of effort. However, studying efficiently merely channels this effort to maximise productivity.

boxhunter91

HSC
People that say they did little study are bsing.
I worked like a dog all year mind you i kept a social life and went out alot woth mates and pulled a low 90. But to get 90's itself is difficult. You want a good mark you got to put effort in.

Eddykungfu

HSC
millions + millions + millions of past papers.

They can only test so much.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
People lie...or they may just be assuming that they are not studying hard enough and then speculating about it to the public.

There is no road to "success" in HSC without some form of effort. However, studying efficiently merely channels this effort to maximise productivity.
that's true. Maybe looking at their results now and looking at how they studied in hindsight and thinking they did not reach their potential and this makes them think that they hardly studied at all. Therefore boasting about it to give themselves a self esteem boost.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Well it's sort of easier to get in the 90s if you do sciences (Physics and Chemistry) and 3/4 Unit Maths. With those subjects you can get in the low 90s ATAR with low Band 5s in everything.

jeshxcore

HSC
yeah.

HOW DO YOU SMART PEOPLE DO THAT!!!!???!!!

btw, should I study from my Maths textbook or past papers for my upcoming maths assessment? OR BOTH? but that would be hard.
i know that maths = heaps of past papers.
i don't know about the other subjects i'm doing though -___- hoping for a 96+ but actually, aiming for 99+ lol..

Last edited:

Dx_God

HSC
99.99% of luck+0.01% of basic knowledge=band 6 without any studying

just jking, anyways for math i focus on the concepts rather than doing a load of questions. just spend 1-2hrs thinking about the concepts and get my confidence up then all the sample questions and 2-3 extension questions. the result is u can smash tests easily but sometimes lack accuracy, so mid 90s on average (range: 90-100)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
i stress too much in maths to focus on the concepts
so i decided to rote learn sequences and series.

didn't work =(

so yeah, no rote learning!!!!

redmayne

HSC
Granted most people who say they did no work are liars, these people annoy the hell out of me, but it's not always a lie.

I did no work other than assessments and last minute study for actual HSC exams. And I mean absolutely zero work, I earned the reputation of the lazy one at my school.

And I ended up getting 89.3, obviously it's not incredible but I was worried I'd barely scrape 80. If you're half smart you can pull it off.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If you have natural talent, of course you can. Minimal study can be useful, especially for those who remember most things, or are the type of person who can cram well.

jeshxcore

HSC
how do you guys study? i just write things over and over again.. and i read things.. etc
i know this is a realllyyy bad concept of studying because it would take me like 2-3 weeks to scrap up a 70-80 :/
prelim = work out your study methods, yeah?

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
for memorising, I read it a couple of times.
and then I write it out without looking.

for maths, I was stupid enough to study from the textbook. and for 4 unit maths, don't study from fitzpatrick!!! its terrible!!!!! :(

for english, depends on your ability. I'm shit in English so I memorise essays.

for other subjects I'm doing like eco, just memorise everything and then practise.

emmcyclopedia

HSC
"minimal study" is a very flexible term depending on your own standards.

I worked hard in 09, but I still considered my study to be "minimal", in that I only studied what I had to such that I had a basic grasp of all content. I didn't go overboard like some people did. I think you can study too much, and you get to a point of either exhaustion or brain overload!

Don't be concerned about how many hours you spend on something - work until it feels right with you.

speedofsound

HSC
lol, i left because it's too far for me.. i got home at around 5pm earliest everyday, and around 4:00pm on thursdays.
the year 12s this year didn't go too well eh >_<
ah fair enough then, understandable

lol definitely did not go as well as previous years, but what can you do. hopefully the shit rank will stop the excessive influx of year 7's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)