Minimum amount of Junior Credit Points permissible. (1 Viewer)

chepas

HSC
Does it exist? Talking Full-Time study, because according to the handbook, the maximum is 48 for the B Arts course, with permission to do 12 extra if you apply to the dean. But it doesn't mention anything about the MINIMUM amount of Junior CP's needed to be eligible for the degree award.

In the trees worth of crap I got on enrolment day, there's a thing in an outline of the BA (Lang) that answers this question sort of "Can I do less than the required 48 junior points?", saying "Yes, as long as you fulfil any prerequisites for subjects in later years". For some reason I don't believe it (!).

Does a stipulated minimum exist? Moreover, is there anyone out there that has done less than 48 CPs in first year?

Reason why I ask - wondering if one could get by with 42 Junior CPs... Not affecting my majors.

Cheers for your help,
chepas :D.

Generator

HSC
N/A
From what I can gather, the minimum would have to be 18 (as you said, what is required for the senior year units).
As for being penalised for taking 42 rather than 48 junior credit points... Follow the degree resolutions and the guidelines explaining what is required for each major and I can see no reason for you to fret.

Edit: http://www.usyd.edu.au/handbooks/arts/04_ugstudy.shtml
Resolutions of the Faculty

7.(a) Candidates, other than those granted credit or advanced standing, may not normally enrol in any Senior unit of study until they have passed at least 18 Junior credit points in the first two semesters of candidature.

(b) In the first two semesters of candidature, candidates (other than those in designated combined degree programs or those granted credit or advanced standing) must enrol in a minimum of 18 Junior credit points and a maximum of 48 Junior credit points.

(c) In the first two semesters of candidature, combined degree candidates must enrol in a minimum of 18 Junior credit points over the year and a maximum of 32 credit points each semester.

As always, discuss the issue with the Faculty's administration if you are unsure.

Last edited:

chepas

HSC
Ah ha didn't read the "Resolutions of the FACULTY" part. :p. Thanks!

Would that just be someone at the faculty office, the admin?

Generator

HSC
N/A
Yep, and if they cannot help then they should send you along to someone who can or at least point you in the right direction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)