misadventure in exam...dnt get it? (1 Viewer)

daffidoll

can someone plez explain this misadventure stuff? i was really ill so my presiding officor gave me this form to fill out. ques is, i dnt know how it works! Plez explain!

mmmegan

HSC
yeh - i got offered one - i hit a roo on the way to an exam in my car - i wasnt hurt, but was pretty shaken up ...

Captain Karl

HSC
When you started the exam and told the presiding officer you were sick, they would've kept an eye on you throughout the exam to see if you had any visible signs of being affected during the test. If they noticed any difficulties there's a section for them to fill out to corroborate your form.
There's also a section for a doctor's certificate if you got one, which helps back-up that you were sick and/or had a disadvantage during the exam.

The actual function of it is that if your mark comes back and its noticeably less than your moderated assessment mark, you can appeal to use your moderated assessment mark as your exam mark also (for example if your moderated assessment mark was 90 and your exam mark 60, you can have the exam mark converted to a 90), but only if you've filled out one of those forms.

Thats my understanding of the whole process - i had one for a broken knee-cap for my exams. Not sure if its 100% correct but thats my take on it.

Hope it helps

daffidoll

that must have hurt! so do u know what happens now? i hope they give extra marks because wit all honestly it took me 10min to actually comprend what the ques was asking, which than led to me panicing and hyperventalating. i absolutly hated it, it was like everythin i worked for just went down the drain. i hope u did better than me. Good luck!

Captain Karl

HSC
Thanks, I hope you did well too.
Honestly theres not much they can do unless there's a considerable difference between your assessment mark and your exam mark, but if it did all fall apart then there's a good chance you can put it back together again. I think you've gotta submit the form in asap, so check with your presiding officer next chance you get, or your school counsellor can help you out with it (mine was a big help). From memory i think you also need a signature from the principal.
I hope it wasnt too bad for you, and sometimes having it go really bad is better than only having lost a few marks more than usual.

For the record, the pain was unbearable until the ambos gave me one of their morphine sticks!

Diiiiiana-_-

B. Int. Studies @ Usyd !!
HSC
I got that misadvanture thing too~
We had our Math Ext 1 exam in our school's hall
and two pigeons were with us -_-;;
well, they came in before us , and there was no way
to kick them out before the exam started,
so we had to be there with them,
They were flying around, crying out loud,
that really really really annoyied us for the first 45 min,
then they eventually flew out ,
but that was really bad ~ so we filled (well,, two of us) the form
to notify the BOS.
I hope you get it too~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)