Missed ATAR Cut-off for my DREAM course by 0.05!?! (1 Viewer)

minzoir

HSC
So as we all know, offers came out last night (18th Jan). I've had my eyes on B commerce at UNSW (like many others) all year. I missed this years cut-off by 0.05 (i got 96.25 with bonus points), and received an offer for UTS business instead.
Is there any chance at all of getting in at the 2nd round? I know that it said there were no vacancies, but if some people did not accept the offer, what are the chances of me just squeezing in?
Congrats to everyone else who did very well!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If someone who has been made an offer declines that offer then a new place will open up. With your ATAR it is likely that you would be one of the first considered for that vacancy. Yes you have a chance.

Whatever you do accept the offer you have been made or otherwise the uni will assume you don't want that place and give it to someone else and you will end up with nothing.

If you do get another offer that you prefer then you can drop the offer you have now but if you don't accept this offer you can't turn around after the final two rounds and say 'I want to take that offer now' as it may have been given to someone else by then.

HSC
Uni Grad
Commerce wasnt even offered in the late round last year or the previous year, even if it was the cutoff would be like 99.95. Im not saying you should give up but just dont get your hopes up.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

tambam

HSC
Also I'm pretty sure that cut-offs usually increase for later round offers, especially for courses without vacancies

Millsy90

HSC
You will find nearly all business degrees have the same subjects in the first year.

Just get into a Business Admin course or something in the Business discipline with a lower enter score.

Do well in the first year and transfer into Commerce.

You have nothing to worry about to be honest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)