missed unsw law by 0.05 (1 Viewer)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
cut off: 99.3
my uai: 99.25

what are the possibilities i can get a late round offer?

do i have any other options if i really, really reallly want to get to unsw? apart from paying full fee for one year and trying to transfer?

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
I would say you're in with a chance but I'm not really sure how it works.

How do you find the cutoffs by the way?

live.fast

HSC
N/A
woaahh -- dammmnnn!!

rich kids get in on 96-97 UAI, and you miss out by 0.05! that suckks hardcoree...

hey - I'm not sure about late round offers, I think your best bet is to find out if anyone ever made it into UNSW law with late round offers - if they did, then you easily have the better chance (unless some full-fee kids decide UNSW law is the one for them).

Then again - I probably don't know what i'm talking about - but aye - goodlucks with it !!

loser101

HSC
there will be late round offers, but the late round cut off can go up or down.

e.g if there is 1 spot left coz someone deferred, and a person with UAI of 100 decides not to do medicine and goes to law, then that 1 spot would be offered to the person with uai of 100, so technically the new cut off for late round would be 100.

partelephant

Monkey on a Rock
HSC
I don't think that theres generally too many late round offers for law unless someone wants to do something interstate - but I could be wrong.

jannny

HSC
-pari- said:
cut off: 99.3
my uai: 99.25

what are the possibilities i can get a late round offer?

do i have any other options if i really, really reallly want to get to unsw? apart from paying full fee for one year and trying to transfer?
surprisingly I got into engineering/commerce @ syd uni
cutoff was 94.3 and I got 94.00

damn man sux to be you.. good luck

williamc

HSC
I thought it was lol.

bl but. Not to rub it in i got 0.10 feels better than secks.

ConjOB

HSC
I have a mate who got 79.45 uai and got into a course with a cut off of 85.00

As for me, i rather stooged my hsc, got 55.45 ... uai cut off it 60.00 for business at newcastle, what are the odds on 2nd round? or am i better off no giving myself any hope (like i did for these offers baring getting into whoop whoop.)

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
There arent many late round offers for UNsw or USyd laws..

But your UAI is so close, you will have a really really good chance of getting into UNSW law next yr by transferring.

I was in your boat last year. Couldn't afford DFEE so yea.

Goodluck. =]

enterusername

HSC
congrats on ur uai!!!

all i wanted was 90...i didnt get there :( was a little under :(

make sure u do the phone arounds to uni's to find out what their uai cut off was for law in the main round annnndddd if they have any vacancies for the late round (and whether they will be making offers to people in the late rounds)

:)

hannahxxx

HSC
I read that while cut offs can go up or down, the likelihood of the cut offs going down is very small (particularly for a uni like that), seeing as unis have already set the minimum uai needed for their courses. You've got the options of ringing up or transferring

loser101

HSC
enterusername said:
congrats on ur uai!!!

all i wanted was 90...i didnt get there :( was a little under :(

make sure u do the phone arounds to uni's to find out what their uai cut off was for law in the main round annnndddd if they have any vacancies for the late round (and whether they will be making offers to people in the late rounds)

:)
dont bother calling and asking "whats the cut off for the late round"

i'll give you the answer " it depends on supply and demand, if you dont understand that concept you shouldnt be going to uni" :hammer:

mr.xx

HSC
N/A
loser101 said:
thats really sad that most people got in through EAS, yet someone who come in the top 100 in the HSC through hard work cant even get in.....
thats the biggest lie i've ever heard.

eg 500 EAS places at USYD compared to the many many thousands of people that applied for courses.

what IS sad though is people getting into uni through dfee. 'you're welcome if you can fork out over a hundred thousand dollars!' (for my course anyway)

Last edited:

loser101

HSC
oops sorry i posted in the wrong thread

i meant most for the UTS course that was 99.9+

how many people would of gotten a raw uai of 99.90, only about 50 people.

of those 50 people, say 20 went to a law course, 20 to medicine.

that leaves at most 10 people with a UAI of 99.90 to choose the UTS Text Des/Int studies program.

and as if all of them chose the UTS course. as some would of chosen a straight commerce or a straight actuarial course.

you do the maths, the conclusion is that most of the students in the UTS TextDesn/Int studies course are on a EAS/bonus points scheme.

Last edited:

Crofty0

HSC
loser101 said:
i've changed my mind about DFEE's though. i think they are actually quite benificial. as the two rankings for DFEE and CSE's are quite mutually exclusive.

CAN WE POST A LETTER INSTEAD OF CALLING THEM?????

LaurenHarvey

HSC
If it's the B Combined Law at UNSW (99.3) there are no more vacancies so sorry tp burst your bubble but the chances are v.v.v.v.v slim. Isn't there another law course you can do at another university and then attempt to transfer? The Law courses at UTS are a bit lower, have a look around

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)